M6 fuel protest video

Looked more like a day out to me than a protest what was it a meet or something :laughing: :laughing:

Ok so it was a good turnout.
But why did they have to do a go slow on the limiter. :question: :unamused:
The ones at the back couldn’t catch up.
It looked more like they had just rolled off a ferry then happen to be going in the same direction.

gb1:
I think most of the country are aware of the high cost of fuel. However, I wonder how many of them are aware of the low rates being earned for getting goods to the shops and factories. Thats the problem that needs highlighting, and the best way to do that is to keep the trucks OFF the road. Of course, thats if the bosses dare confront their customers with demands for higher rates. Sadly, I doubt whether that will happen.

Yes because it really is that easy to say please pay me more, you really dont have a clue what its like do you?

8 legger:

gb1:
I think most of the country are aware of the high cost of fuel. However, I wonder how many of them are aware of the low rates being earned for getting goods to the shops and factories. Thats the problem that needs highlighting, and the best way to do that is to keep the trucks OFF the road. Of course, thats if the bosses dare confront their customers with demands for higher rates. Sadly, I doubt whether that will happen.

Yes because it really is that easy to say please pay me more, you really dont have a clue what its like do you?

So, because you dont have the courage to go to your customers and say ‘please pay me more because of the high cost of fuel’, you expect the government to give you help. The fact is, that you know if your customer says sod off, someone else will jump in and take the work. There’s your solidarity!

Back to a question I asked earlier on this thread. Will a T-cab Scania coupled to a 13.6m fridge trailer be overlength?

Here’s how the Cornish do it
uk.youtube.com/watch?v=anSvghQ4g … re=related

was that cliff richard i saw hurtling past them all in his double decker ?

gb1:
Back to a question I asked earlier on this thread. Will a T-cab Scania coupled to a 13.6m fridge trailer be overlength?

I would imagine so, I was under the impression you could only couple a US truck to a short trailer due to the overall length being too long. Though can’t you just get a special permit for an overlength vehicle, or is that only if you’re carrying abnormal loads?

It’s no wonder the industry is in the state it is in with so much negativity.

Why doesn’t everyone just give up and not bother trying to do anything■■?

Or are some people just so misserable that they feel they have to have an opposite opinion to everyone just for the fun of it?

Well done to all those that gave up their weekend to show that they are not happy and let others know that there are problems that need to be shouted about.

gb1:
So, because you dont have the courage to go to your customers and say ‘please pay me more because of the high cost of fuel’, you expect the government to give you help. The fact is, that you know if your customer says sod off, someone else will jump in and take the work. There’s your solidarity!

We have asked, a number of times, but the is pretty much nothing that we can do, the is such a shortage of work in the construction industry that it’s near impossible to find work, especially with a new customer.

So I’ll sum it up for you, we have to either try and sit it out or pull out from the current customer and most likely go bust. Or I could live in your ideal little world and the will be an over flow of work and a minimum rate of £500 an hour.

gb1:

I understand that a 40’ trailer is ok, but a 45’ is overlength.

You can put a 45’ container on a 40’ skelly and be legal, because the box is the load and the load can overhang.