WTF... you tube truck footage

This video has had five million hits and therefore is probably a repost but I`ve not seen it before. I read the first four pages of comments and nobody seems to know why the trucks are turning round, possibly a low bridge? I would have thought that with a road that busy the bridge would have been a daily problem and there would be signs. Any ideas?

youtube.com/watch?v=UBDgUdbLU9k

Yep, that camera is on a low bridge and it’s not signposted. England might be Health and Safety mad but at least we don’t have to put up with rubbish like that.

Or do we, is there any place like that over here ?

only the last fella in the yellow merc seemed to deal with it in the best way he could, the rest drove the wrong way up the dual carriageway

So instead of position sign posts a few miles before the bridge they would rather trucks drive down the dual carriageway the wrong direction… :open_mouth:

Even if theres a low bridge, signposted or not, only the driver of the yellow merc did a good job there. Even if you’re driving a a-frame trailer or a b-double, you should - in my oppinion - know how to reverse it a 100 metres straight backwards. Especially as there’s a little parking lot or what it is at the side of the road. No excuse at all for driving the wrong way like the most of them did…

Where’s the fun in driving like old yeller…

I love the way that no matter what ANY of the wagons are doing the car drivers do naff all to help… lol

what is it with people on here recently …■■

good god , dont you think that something was telling them to go the wrong way up the road ■■ or at least not telling them not too ■■

just how many stooopid drivers do you lot think their are ■■ these drivers took the route they thought was correct , no one is going to put themselves in that position on purpose and run the risk of killing people .
we have a bad enough image with the public as it is without turning on eachother . hands up all those who think proffesional drivers went the wrong way along a duel carriageway on purpose and without reason…

jeeeeeesh … :unamused:

bowser:

good god , dont you think that something was telling them to go the wrong way up the road ■■ or at least not telling them not too ■■

just how many stooopid drivers do you lot think their are ■■ these drivers took the route they thought was correct , no one is going to put themselves in that position on purpose and run the risk of killing people .
we have a bad enough image with the public as it is without turning on eachother . hands up all those who think proffesional drivers went the wrong way along a duel carriageway on purpose and without reason…

point taken, but there was a safer way of dealing with it, as the yellow merc showed, i dont know what the speed limit was on the road they went the wrong way up, 50-60mph maybe, but i wouldnt have fancied driving the wrong way up a dual carriageway and risked carnage, when the simpler and safer option was to reverse along the little slip road that ran parallel with the dual carriageway as the merc did.
afterall, the drivers didnt put themselves in that position on purpose and run the risk of killing people, but they did drive the wrong way up a dual carriageway on purpose and risk killing people

how was what the yellow one did safer ■■ he reversed across the path of on coming vehicles . what he did was choose a different option , and dont anyone tell me , drawbar or not, you would have prefered that option , or even seen it , the first couple didnt even stop to check they just did it .
i’ll tell you what , why dont we all join a " joe public " forum and supply them with ammo to beat us all with . at the end of the day no one knows why they did what they did but something told them too … otherwise why dont we have that kind of stuff on every slip road in the world .

as far as i could see, and if i had the option as they all did once the they couldnt continue the way they wanted, i would choose the yellow ones way of dealing with it, to me it was far safer than driving head long into oncoming traffic. its a matter of opinions and everyones is different,.

bowser:

Is that your favourite word ?

Terry T:

bowser:

Is that your favourite word ?

no , my favourite wont get past the sensor…

bowser:
how was what the yellow one did safer ■■ he reversed across the path of on coming vehicles . what he did was choose a different option , and dont anyone tell me , drawbar or not, you would have prefered that option , or even seen it , the first couple didnt even stop to check they just did it .
i’ll tell you what , why dont we all join a " joe public " forum and supply them with ammo to beat us all with . at the end of the day no one knows why they did what they did but something told them too … otherwise why dont we have that kind of stuff on every slip road in the world .

This video was posted on youtube months ago, perhaps by a different uploader. From comments made then it appears the trucks were diverted due to an accident on the route they wanted but when they reached the end of the slip that we see in the vid, they found they were approaching a tunnel which was too low for them to use so they were stuck. One way or another they had to go a different way.