M42 overtaking ban

Don’t know if this has been posted,but…

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/cove … 302688.stm

Ken.

Yes, it’s been discussed elsewhere on the net but I’m not forbidden to link to it.

My 2p worth that I posted elsewhere :

This overtaking ban will NEVER work and there’s a simple reason why!
Okay, so no trucks over 7.5t are allowed to overtake between J10 and J11. They’re all stuck behind a fully laden wagon and have to drop down to 45-50mph or whatever and all become bunched up. As soon as J11 passes EVERYONE will be pulling out to overtake the marginally slower wagon in front of them which will simply result in the outside lane being forced to do 56mph all the way from J11 to the M1 instead, where the road spreads out.
All that’s happening is that the problem is being moved from 10-11 to 11-(n) instead.
Surely any fool can see that :confused: .

Quinny:

Ken.

its posted on The Insider

:wink:

Denis F:

Quinny:

Ken.

its posted on The Insider

:wink:

Ah, that will be the Insider that the management of TN don’t want anyone to know is there, correct? :confused:

Wait, surely it must be me getting cynical in my old age, but I digress, I don’t see any link for it on the main forums page. :confused:

PUT THE NEWS FORUMS BACK WHERE THEY BELONG! That’s what I say! :laughing:

I,m with you there Rob no idea why they moved but i dont even bother looking at it .

jammymutt:
I,m with you there Rob no idea why they moved but i dont even bother looking at it .

I’m with you Alex, although it must be really upsetting for the news team writers that their hard work isn’t getting the audience it deserves. :cry:

I don’t see any link for it on the main forums page

In that case your not looking very hard :wink:

we did have a news feed to here over the weekend, but it slowed down the page loading times.

that their hard work isn’t getting the audience it deserves.

As it happens the Insider creates about 30% of the hits to this site.

Tracking visitor paths through the site shows that most visitors to the Insider do not use the forums.

Rikki-UK:
Tracking visitor paths through the site shows that most visitors to the Insider do not use the forums.

Well it’s nice to know that those of us who make the site what it is at the sharp end get priority… :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

I can’t see why the news forums can’t be brought back to the top of the main forum listing where they were before. It’s clear from the comments made by the members that the Insider isn’t liked in its current location. :bulb:

Rob K:
It’s clear from the comments made by the members that the Insider isn’t liked in its current location. :bulb:

:bulb: That would depend on which member you were talking about.

Why can’t they make the overtaking ban for foreign trucks only? They are the ones who cause most of the trouble (down where i live anyway)

Well it’s nice to know that those of us who make the site what it is at the sharp end get priority

Actually my priority is ensuring that this website continues to move forward, to grow and innovate to ensure it remains on-line for you all to use.

It has been clearly stated many times that the long term goal for the website is to become a true on-lline free magazine for drivers.

These forums are only a section of the whole website.

The Insider will evolve and change over time, but it will remain a seperate part of the website from these forums.