Are you on Camera?

Hi,

Anglia Tonight, local station that covers the M11, had a bit about the overtaking ban this evening and there were at least 6 ignoring the ban.

Were you one of them? :slight_smile:

my truck does 52 mph, im on a permanent overtaking ban :cry:

dave:

And this is where this overtaking ban will screw it all up for everyone when your truck cant do 56mph

last time I went down the M11 my truck was limited to 47mph :frowning:

cruisin comet:

dave:

And this is where this overtaking ban will screw it all up for everyone when your truck cant do 56mph

How? The truck that can do 56 can also do 52?

If your limiter is set at 52 or god forbid 50 then it doesnt matter if you can do 56 or not, if you are behind them you aint going past.

Mike-C:

cruisin comet:

dave:

But if you learnt basic maths at junior school you’d know that anyone who’s got a truck that’s limited to 90 kmh will be screwed if they can’t overtake one limited to 85 kmh. :laughing: :laughing:

Carryfast:

Mike-C:

cruisin comet:

dave:

But if you learnt basic maths at junior school you’d know that anyone who’s got a truck that’s limited to 90 kmh will be screwed if they can’t overtake one limited to 85 kmh. :laughing: :laughing:

Its wasted on me, i’m one of the ones who sits in lane two trying to crawl past :smiley:

Mike-C:

Carryfast:

Mike-C:

cruisin comet:

dave:

Its wasted on me, i’m one of the ones who sits in lane two trying to crawl past :smiley:

You’re one of the ones who the Commie b…s have screwed,because they can’t understand junior school level maths,before they get wiped out in the next election by those who can,in that case. :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing:

Wow! Loads of irony floating around in this post.

Personally, I can’t see how it will screw anyone up having to sit behind a truck traveling at 52 mph, rather than one traveling at 57 mph… If five mph over a couple of miles is crucial to your journey times, you’ve probably got bigger problems to sort out than a brief no-overtaking stretch on the M11.

As with the same deal in the A14, which is considerably longer, when trucks simply blast past in these sections, it gives not just all truck drivers a bad (or worse) name, but the industry is seen as being operated by cowboys.

If the law says you can’t overtake on a section, despite you thinking, like a lot of laws, it’s a waste of time, why would you do it? My licence is worth more than that thanks.

EastAnglianTrucker:
but the industry is seen as being operated by cowboys.

very often when the renegade trucker pulls out you can hear him shouting
yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhaaaaaarrrrrr out the window blowing his air horns as he passes :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

it depends if i have my stetson within reaching distance whether or not i would overtake in that section, if it had fallend into the passanger foot well then i wouldnt. unless its enforced truck driver will ingnore it, i mean - come on a truck doing 52mph being overtaken by a truck doing 56/57 isnt going to take long esp up hill and not hold much traffic up either :exclamation: :confused: :confused:

how many traffic cops has anybody ever seen enforcing the A14 overtaking ban?? i have seen none, someone on here apparantly got flashed out by a cop car because he was sitting behind a slower moving truck in the ban zone - so what example does that lead.

Cruise Control:

EastAnglianTrucker:
but the industry is seen as being operated by cowboys.

how many traffic cops has anybody ever seen enforcing the A14 overtaking ban?? i have seen none, someone on here apparantly got flashed out by a cop car because he was sitting behind a slower moving truck in the ban zone - so what example does that lead.

How many traffic cops have you seen anyway? Unless there is a purge or a vosa cafe on the go you won’t see them because they don’t really exist except on police interceptors or suchlike, they have not got enough cop cars for filming AND traffic duties.

DadsRetired:
Hi,

Anglia Tonight, local station that covers the M11, had a bit about the overtaking ban this evening and there were at least 6 ignoring the ban.

Were you one of them? :slight_smile:

The ban is not in force until they remove the covers over the symbol surelyâ– â– ? :confused: :confused: :confused:

I went through there last night at about 22:00 and looks like the truck symbol is still coveredâ– â– ? I may be wrong but there you go. Wont be the first or last time a truck driver is wrong and a nuisance on the road :laughing: :laughing: In fact why do we need trucks at all?? They dont do alot just pump loads of pollution into the air and slow down Joe Public by 2 mins or so on every journey!!
The next good idea will be to stick a ZB-ing brush on the arse end of every truck so it can do something useful on it’s journey!!
As for the argument of why is it so much of a pain to be stuck behind a truck that has slowed right down on a O.B.Z. Have you seen the carnage when some idiot plows into the back of a slow moving vehicleâ– â– ?
I really don’t fancy being the middle truck… :unamused: :unamused:

EastAnglianTrucker:

Personally, I can’t see how it will screw anyone up having to sit behind a truck traveling at 52 mph, rather than one traveling at 57 mph… If five mph over a couple of miles is crucial to your journey times, you’ve probably got bigger problems to sort out than a brief no-overtaking stretch on the M11.

As with the same deal in the A14, which is considerably longer, when trucks simply blast past in these sections, it gives not just all truck drivers a bad (or worse) name, but the industry is seen as being operated by cowboys.

If the law says you can’t overtake on a section, despite you thinking, like a lot of laws, it’s a waste of time, why would you do it? My licence is worth more than that thanks.

It must be something about all that freezing cold weather and miles of empty flat landscape that zb’s up all their thinking in those parts. :laughing: :laughing: they might as well just put in a 40 mph limit on all dual carriageways and motorways in east anglia as that seems to be how slow they like to do things in that part of the country.It’s more likely that you’ll be held up at that speed by cars driven by the locals on the M11 and A14 than the trucks. :open_mouth: :laughing:

Well, I may live in East Anglia, but I’m actually an Australian! And to be honest, I’d prefer to get from A to B as fast as possible, and whilst I take the point that a truck at 56mph won’t take long to go past one doing 52mph, the reason they’re starting to put overtaking bans on these roads is because of all the 52.5mph trucks trying to overtake the 52mph trucks!

There are so many threads on here about the drivers who inch past other trucks and how everyone else hates it and thinks they’re zb’ers, I can’t believe there are people openly declaring they are happy to flout the law.

Like I said, I can’t afford to lose my licence, and after driving trucks since 1975, my professional pride wouldn’t survive!

But then, I can’t remember the time truckers, wherever they drive, have ever NOT whinged about something! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Carryfast:

EastAnglianTrucker:

It must be something about all that freezing cold weather and miles of empty flat landscape that zb’s up all their thinking in those parts. :laughing: :laughing: they might as well just put in a 40 mph limit on all dual carriageways and motorways in east anglia as that seems to be how slow they like to do things in that part of the country.It’s more likely that you’ll be held up at that speed by cars driven by the locals on the M11 and A14 than the trucks. :open_mouth: :laughing:

If you drive in Norfolk, dual carriageways are rather scarce. If I am going to London it is 40 miles from our yard to a dual carriageway and almost 70 to a motorway.

waddy640:
If you drive in Norfolk, dual carriageways are rather scarce. If I am going to London it is 40 miles from our yard to a dual carriageway and almost 70 to a motorway.

isnt that how VOSA nabbed that wisbech firm because drivers were hitting 50mph when there wasnt a dual carrigway for like 30 miles from base??

Cruise Control:

waddy640:

isnt that how VOSA nabbed that wisbech firm because drivers were hitting 50mph when there wasnt a dual carrigway for like 30 miles from base??

I have heard this story before, but one stretch of A47 at Wisbech is dual carriageway for about 7 miles.

Cruise Control:

There’s loads of dual carriageway withing 30 miles of Wisbech. (Which is in Cambridgeshire if I’m not mistaken.)

There’s a lot of dual carriageway coming down the A11 from Norwich. In fact there’s a dual carriageway ring road around Norwich.

Then there’s dual carriageway along the A47 at Dereham, and more at Swaffham. There’s some dual carriageway coming up the A146 outside Diss…

But generally speaking, it’s sort of incredible how little sensible road building has been done in Norfolk, considering it’s the year 2010, but then discussions about National Transport Strategy, is the subject for another post I guess. Needless to say, in terms of traffic strategy this country is very, very third world. All the money’s gone on quangocrats salaries, and speed cameras. :imp:

EastAnglianTrucker:
Well, I may live in East Anglia, but I’m actually an Australian! And to be honest, I’d prefer to get from A to B as fast as possible, and whilst I take the point that a truck at 56mph won’t take long to go past one doing 52mph, the reason they’re starting to put overtaking bans on these roads is because of all the 52.5mph trucks trying to overtake the 52mph trucks!

There are so many threads on here about the drivers who inch past other trucks and how everyone else hates it and thinks they’re zb’ers, I can’t believe there are people openly declaring they are happy to flout the law.

Like I said, I can’t afford to lose my licence, and after driving trucks since 1975, my professional pride wouldn’t survive!

But then, I can’t remember the time truckers, wherever they drive, have ever NOT whinged about something! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

But is’nt OZ one of those places where they can still drive trucks legally at the type of speeds which we could here not so long ago and without limiters so it’s possible to run up to a bit more speed to overtake something quickly until the PC b…s got us all travelling at around 10 mph or 16 kmh slower than the actual legal zb speed limit :imp:The reason as to why the government can get away with it is because no one is prepared to moan/whinge like zb about it all and as I remember it and you probably would too being a 1970’s driver the yanks are only able to run round now at 65-70 mph without holding everyone up because hardly anyone was prepared to adhere to their old double nickle nationwide 55 mph Interstate limits and thereby got them lifted :question: :question: