M42 HATO'S..

the best ones seem to be on the M42 where the live lanes operate.
twice now i’ve had recoveries there that could have been made into a mission,(one had to have a 3-point turn in a the safety lay-by),but i gave the HA the eta,got a rear guard from them,got the speed limit set and the matrix signs up,and got no interference from the HATO’s.just added safety,just the way it should be.
all in all a top service there…and no-we are not police recovery contractors,just a private commercial recovery company.(heavies).
so for once WELL DONE.(so far). :sunglasses:

now as for these bloody speed limits… :unamused:

Glad my colleagues could be of use, we try to help and keep traffic flowing as best as we can. Then again, we get slagged off by some drivers for whatever we do, so it’s nice to get positive feedback :wink:

I think you guys are brilliant. I was travelling through the roadworks on the m1 quite a while ago when the 7.5tonner in front of me hit the traffic cones & sent them flying all over the carriageway. One got wedged under the front of my truck so i had to wait untill i was through the roadworks & then i pulled onto the hard shoulder to remove it. No sooner had i pulled over & got out the cab the hatos pulled up behind with lights flashing to ask if i was alright. Its nice to know if you get into trouble on the motorway that help is always at hand if needed.
Keep up the good work guys :smiley:

you wont here no complaints about hatos from me, they were there within five minutes of me having a blowout, friendly banter whilst waiting for the tyre fitter.

I have to agree and say that on the whole I think the HATOs do a good professional and necessary job and do it well :smiley:

However :smiling_imp:

Could someone tell me who’s responsible for operating the variable speed limit signs on the M42 traffic management system, because those signs really are a joke, if they don’t work properly they should be turned off until they do work properly, and if they do work properly the operators should be sacked or moved onto lollipop patrols outside schools :imp:

Sorry but it has to be said :blush:

dont know about you wrecktech but up here in west yorkshire we have not had our day out with them :frowning: :frowning: we had about 8 of them over a couple of weeks , top people think they need to repay the day with loads of tea and banter!!! :laughing: :laughing:

in the past they have annoyed me,and cost me close to a thousand pounds for an enforced tow(by the rota garage on the m40 nr warwick-the garage was from kidderminster!!) :open_mouth: that’s a bit long winded for this post.
but lateley they seem to have improved,and as we are very quick to slate them,i think we should mention when it goes to plan for all parties.
:smiley:
roadrunner-i’ve not met them except at the side of the road (we only operate 2 heavies and service vans),we are walled in on all sides with rota agents,so we only tow our own customers vehicles.

The Highway Man:
Glad my colleagues could be of use, we try to help and keep traffic flowing as best as we can. Then again, we get slagged off by some drivers for whatever we do, so it’s nice to get positive feedback :wink:

What he said :grimacing:

well we are a rota garage and it backfires on us too,i thinks it to do with who favers who… but all in all they do an ace job i like it when they stay behind wil you lay under a hgv or winch a brokendown car on!!

The Highway Man:

Yes, thanks guys.

As an ex truck mechanic (for the factory) I know of your problems, and do try to get a little more leeway for you over what is allowed for cars etc.

As for the signs, they are set in the WMRCC control room (not ours, YET!) but I don’t know the protocol etc that is used, but we do expect the use of the H/S etc to expand in the near future.

Rota garage at the moment is organised through the Police.
Although, for normal run of the mill stuff, ie. no recovery, over the time limit etc. it will be coming to us to organise, but we’ll not be choosing who goes, that’ll be done by the company that facilitates it.
Once again guys, thanks, and if any of you are curious or need something explaining, my all means PM.