HATO's in action

M6 southbound last night, just before junction 12 about 21.40 hrs, an accident about 500 yds infront of me. There was artic in lane one with several cars bunched around him in lane two and three. Visibility wasn’t to good loads of spray, but i just seen the brake lights and a couple of cars bouncing round. Luckily for them, (there was no serious injury BTW) there was a HATO almost behind me.

Took him no time at all to sort out who was hurt etc. get the vehicles off the carriageway and onto the hard shoulder. I think the truck got hit by one of the cars boucing around, not sure though, he may of just stayed as a witness as there didn’t seem to be any damage to him. The car stuck in the central reservation wasn’t moving anywhere and there was loads of debris in the road.

Car wouldn’t move forward so rope attatched to the back and its dragged off to the hard shoulder.

Brush up all the debris.

Police had turned up by then to help. And we where all on our way about 20mins later at 22.00hrs. A quick job, and no one seriously hurt.

7.9 mpg■■?

You ain’t driving fast enough Mike! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Harry Monk:
7.9 mpg■■?

You ain’t driving fast enough Mike! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Jesus! That was quick. I hadn’t been on the road long enough to get the MPG up. I have had 10.5 with light loads!

Brownie points to the HATOs, better than the normal abuse they often unfairly receive.

Mike-C:
M6 southbound last night, just before junction 12
Police had turned up by then to help. And we where all on our way about 20 MINS :open_mouth: later at 22.00hrs.

That long :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Now we know why west mids is always knackered traffic wise :laughing: :laughing:

Good to see the BIB got out of the brew room to assist :laughing:

Had help off the truckies on the M6 further north on nights, parked in L3 to protect vehicle at night in a lit area on a very wet night, a few helped with movin the car as it was a right mess, no one was goin anywhere til it was sorted anyway, thanx for your help :smiley: .

That is where the difference is with the HATOS, some will get on, and do the job, clear the roads, and get things moving.

Well Done to them.

Very professional all round :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I’m referring to the HATOs, Other emergency services, and the Driver who took the safe opportunity to bring us the great pic diary.

I wonder if a certain HA forum would like to use the pics (asking nicely) as I don’t suppose they get many opportunities for taking such pics during incidents :bulb: :bulb:

the hato’s made me laugh yesterday… i was going north on the A1 at team valley and they pulled on the road just in front of me and stopped both lanes, one jumped out ran up the road picking up a strap that had fallen of a lorry chucked it down the grass verge and drove off :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

it wouldn have hurt to stick in the back of 4x4 and throw it in a skip later. :laughing:

jessicas dad:
the hato’s made me laugh yesterday… i was going north on the A1 at team valley and they pulled on the road just in front of me and stopped both lanes, one jumped out ran up the road picking up a strap that had fallen of a lorry chucked it down the grass verge and drove off :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

it wouldn have hurt to stick in the back of 4x4 and throw it in a skip later. :laughing:

my thoughts too would have been better to drop it off in a council site the guys might have found some use for it

I must have only just missed that accident then. as i was driving back from durham via tebay down the m6 to home in cannock by car and got off at j12 at around 21:30 ish. i remember seeing the HATO around J13 ish in lane one

Must have definitly passed you Mike-C :slight_smile:

jessicas dad:

You should have taken a photo and reported him for littering :smiley:

Wheel Nut:

jessicas dad:

You should have taken a photo and reported him for littering :smiley:

Debris is usually left at a marker post for the ISU guys to pick up of an dispose of in their big trucks. There’s not much room in a HATO vehicle and putting oily mucky straps/bits of tyre etc. in is not a popular choice.

speedyguy:

Mike-C:
M6 southbound last night, just before junction 12
Police had turned up by then to help. And we where all on our way about 20 MINS :open_mouth: later at 22.00hrs.

That long :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Now we know why west mids is always knackered traffic wise :laughing: :laughing:.

See original date - 2006! West Mids have had a bit more experience since then… :wink:

NW_HATO:
See original date - 2006! West Mids have had a bit more experience since then… :wink:

I noticed the date, but the tailback into west mids still continues :smiling_imp:

2 years on :smiling_imp:

Don’t know what’s happened with the date on Mike Cs post, but that truck he’s driving is a 2008 mercedes or maybe it’s a delorean in disguise!!! With a truck like that you’ll never be late!

haulier:
Don’t know what’s happened with the date on Mike Cs post, but that truck he’s driving is a 2008 mercedes or maybe it’s a delorean in disguise!!! With a truck like that you’ll never be late!

I could be wrong, but unless my eyesight’s failing me it’s a Volvo. :wink:

haulier:

Whatever the date good on Mike for doing what 99.99999% off truckers do. :arrow_right:

i.e. blocking 2/3 so no numptys come racing through :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Rollo Tomasi:

haulier:

I could be wrong, but unless my eyesight’s failing me it’s a Volvo. :wink:

Definately a Volvo, but who ever checks the date of a post? :smiley:

This picture must have been taken before Mike C became persona non grata with the Hatos and before we all became too obsessed with using a mobile phone to demonstrate a road safety issue :wink:

I think someone has been deliberately searching Mike’s posts looking for faults to posts on other forums !!!

Wheel Nut:
This picture must have been taken before Mike C became persona non grata with the Hatos

Not with me he hasn’t :smiley: