Accident M6 j18-19. 25/11 HATO

last night 21:30 hrs
one of our drivers was involved in an accident between j18 and j19
on the m6 northbound. our driver was in the inside lane driving at 55mph when a car thought to be a silver audi ran into the back of him this was a fair old smash as our driver felt the impact. this caused considerable damage to our trailer and sent the car spinning up the embankment when our driver pulled over the car was back on the hard shoulder he walked to the car to check no body was injured whick luckily both the driver of the car and the child in the back was unhurt but the car was a right mess they then exchanged details and our driver left leaving the car on the hard shoulder. today we called the number that that the driver of the car gave us to get insurance details and although the name we had was correct he claims not to have a car with the reg no that we was given. this car must have been recovered as it was in a right state how do i find out if any HATO,s attended to this car after our driver left? and what are the chances of this being on cctv? as it looks like we were given false info and face a bill of over £6000 to repair the tail lift on our insurance :angry: :angry: did anyone on here see anything??

Thats crap mate and can’t help with the number but a company I worked at told us to take pictures at the scene. Not just of the car but of all occupants of the car to ensure that no “extra” claims arrived. This also helps with identifying the driver etc at a later date

that is on the agenda but a bit late now though oh well you learn from your mistakes :smiley:

i take it you have informed the plod and all that.

also can you not ring the local HATO place (or cheekily PM highway man) to where it happened and see if they have anything logged or ring round local recovery firms (including AA & RAC). they might not be able to give you the details but if they confirm they recovered a silver car you can inform plod and get them to get the details. camn you not get anyone to do a PNC on the car to see if they have insurance?

sorry to say this but im guessing if he is denying owning the car then whats the bet he doesnt have any insurance.

hope you get it sorted dude

You need to now contact the police they will have the details of the cars owner.

If you call the Highways Agency Information Line (HAIL) on 0121 3358300 and give them the location of the RTC, they will be able to inform you whoever attended whether HATO or police. Explain that you’ve been given false details and the police should be able to PNC the vehicle and get the current registered keeper details. However if the vehicle is unregistered you will have to go through the Motor Insurance Bureau (MIB)

MIB website

Hope this helps. :wink:

Give the reg number to your insurance and they can sort it themselves, they have access to the relevant database, and after all you should make them work the amount they get pad.

Too bloody right Greg.

what are the chances of this being on cctv?

Very, very slim as the cameras only record if the operator has been told to do so or the operator sees something about to happen.

The reason for this is that if they were to record everything from the cameras, the data storage would be too much to cope with.

You can check online to see if a vehicle is on the Insurance Database. It won’t give you any more info than a simple Yes or No.

ROG:

what are the chances of this being on cctv?

Very, very slim as the cameras only record if the operator has been told to do so or the operator sees something about to happen.

The reason for this is that if they were to record everything from the cameras, the data storage would be too much to cope with.

Partially correct but the result is the same. All HA cameras are recording but it works on a loop, i.e. the recording is only held for so long until it is wiped, sorry not sure how long, unless it is held for a reason.

In the original request it would I think have been too long. Also I think there would be data protection issues in such a request. :question:

top of the mornin to ya
any chance i can buy a gallon
of diesel of ya

nelly:
top of the mornin to ya
of diesel of ya

eh!! have I missed something here? :confused: :confused:

nelly:
top of the mornin to ya
of diesel of ya