Help Required

Good Evening Ladies and Gents,

Accident 13/03/06 Warrington

I was involved in a accident on Monday afternoon on the 13/03/06, a lorry drove into my car at a roundabout in Warrington, it cliped my back end with the front wheels and took my drivers door out, it shunted me across the road and I steered the car in away to avoid a further accident, my car stopped on a small island that I mounted.
I was facing the way the lorry was driving and I got the registration of the vechicle, it was YD52 VRN it is a White Mercedes Axor. (Got this info of HPI report)

I rang the police and they advised that if my car was drivable and I was ok that I can just report it and take the vechicle to a garage, which I did. A witness to the accident also rang the police and gave them details, and the area has CCTV.

To date I have not heard from police.

You may wonder why I am asking for your help, the reason being is because, my insurance will pay for my car, however it will cost me 400 excess and 14 years no claims bonus, which in effect means I am paying for the car regardless of claiming, because next time I insurance my car it is going to cost me an extra 700.00 on top of what I already pay.

To aliviate this problem I have deceided to pay for car repairs myself which amount to 2321.00, and take legal action with a solicitor to see if I can find driver and vechicle.

I do not wish to go down this road, I just want to be able to find vehicle owner and driver and ask them if they would like to pay for the damage that the vechicle caused.
I am not interested in a whiplash claim, I am in good health and I was not injured in anyway, and if I did take that road I would have to stay of work and I cannot afford that.

I am a very honest, loyal, trustworthy lady and I am asking all you lorry drivers for your assistance, I don’t blame the driver, I am certain that they didn’t even no they had clipped my car, and that is why they carried on driving.

If anybody out there can help, I would be very grateful.

Thank you for reading this and if you can help please email me.

Regards

Gaynor Hancock:
Good Evening Ladies and Gents,

Accident 13/03/06 Warrington

I was involved in a accident on Monday afternoon on the 13/03/06, a lorry drove into my car at a roundabout in Warrington, it cliped my back end with the front wheels and took my drivers door out, it shunted me across the road and I steered the car in away to avoid a further accident, my car stopped on a small island that I mounted.
I was facing the way the lorry was driving and I got the registration of the vechicle, it was YD52 VRN it is a White Mercedes Axor. (Got this info of HPI report)

I rang the police and they advised that if my car was drivable and I was ok that I can just report it and take the vechicle to a garage, which I did. A witness to the accident also rang the police and gave them details, and the area has CCTV.

To date I have not heard from police.

You may wonder why I am asking for your help, the reason being is because, my insurance will pay for my car, however it will cost me 400 excess and 14 years no claims bonus, which in effect means I am paying for the car regardless of claiming, because next time I insurance my car it is going to cost me an extra 700.00 on top of what I already pay.

To aliviate this problem I have deceided to pay for car repairs myself which amount to 2321.00, and take legal action with a solicitor to see if I can find driver and vechicle.

I do not wish to go down this road, I just want to be able to find vehicle owner and driver and ask them if they would like to pay for the damage that the vechicle caused.
I am not interested in a whiplash claim, I am in good health and I was not injured in anyway, and if I did take that road I would have to stay of work and I cannot afford that.

I am a very honest, loyal, trustworthy lady and I am asking all you lorry drivers for your assistance, I don’t blame the driver, I am certain that they didn’t even no they had clipped my car, and that is why they carried on driving.

If anybody out there can help, I would be very grateful.

Thank you for reading this and if you can help please email me.

Regards

sorry to hear but did u not get no details of the truck ie company name and so on personaly i would pay the 400 excess if you have that many no claims and look else where for insurance

The police is the way to go.

Follow it up and get them to give you an incident number. As the truck driver drove off and didnt give you his details he can be done for it.

You should have your repairs done through your insurance company then it is alot easier to be compensated as you insurance company would have just gone to the lorry firms and got them to pay. It is going to be alot more difficult for you to get them to pay up as they could argue that you have had expensive or repairs that didnt need doing.

You shouldnt loose your no claims bonus as you have the registration and I would doubt anyone driving a 52 plate truck wouldnt have insurance.

Im sorry, but we have all heard these types of stories before.

few years ago I was involed in a similar situation and the insurance company was able to trace the vehicle, driver and insurer with only the registration number.

Get onto your insurance company and give the vehicle registration, police crime report - you should not lose the NCB if the vehicle was tracable.

It doesnt sound to me from your post like you had put in a accident report for the accident and had only called the police.

I appologise if ive come accross like you seem to be trying it on here, but ive seen this type of accident before which never went via official channels to try get money out of drivers for an accident that never happened.

That number plate rings a bell to me.

It may be an Hill hire motor.
They have various locations around the country.If i am right this one has been used out of the birmingham branch as we have had this or avery simlar registered truck at our depoy up to last Christmas.

tony b

:confused: If you have the registration number of a vehicle that failed to stop after being involved in an accident, the Police will deal with it. becauyse it is an offence under the Road Traffic Act.
As the Police don’t seem to be dealing with it, it looks as if your trying to pull a fast one, and claim against some innocent company as its easy money.
IF this is above board, go to the Police! not bleat on about it on a Truckers message board.

harsh but fair!

Maybe I didn’t explain myself very well.

I did get an incident / crime number for the accident on the 13/03/06 and yes the police are dealing with matter, albeit very slowly.
The police have to write to vehicle owner, who in turn reply to police with drivers details, then they write to driver, who could be prosecuted for failing to stop at a scene of an accident.
This is a very long and drawn out process, when you want your car back on the road.

I can take the option of getting my insurance to pay for my car repairs, but it will cost me in the long run, ie lose no claims etc. I have a son who is 21 that is also on my insurance, this is costly to start so taking my no claims away it will cost me even more. And yes they can also go down the route of getting there money back. because I have crime number, vehicle registration, another very long drawn out process. Maybe I should take this option and put in an added claim of whiplash, however I haven’t got whiplash and that is unfair to all the honest people out there who pay insurance that is costly so that we can cover the cost of all false claims.

I did not put this notice on to line my own pocket, and I respect this forum and other road user to much to make false claims, I abhor dishonesty, I am a lady who was just seeking some help.

Thank you to everyone who replied.

Best regards always

it cliped my back end with the front wheels and took my drivers door out

how did that happen then :exclamation: if he clipped your backend and took your drivers door out you must have been going up his inside and maybe taking up his road space :unamused: or you didnt give way to traffic coming from the right. otherwise i cant see how it happened

if you cant wit for the police to sort out then the best route is to go through your insurance

jon

I was at roundabout 4 lanes, lane 1 to go left, I was in 3rd lane to go across, lanes 2 and 3 go across roundabout lane 4 means you turn right, the driver was in this lane 4, obviously he was in wrong lane because he swung to left lane that I was in so he could go across roundabout. He clipped my drivers side wing and then continued to swing to my lane, my car is a very low sports car, which felt like it was being sucked under his wheels however with his continued swing to the left it pushed all my drivers door in and the pushed me across lane 2 which luckily had no driver in, then I mounted a small island.

My terminology may not be correct in the motoring world, but that was how it happened, the driver continued in my lane and continued driving in the lane that I was in.

Obviously I’m very lucky to be alive, and my children are grateful for that fact.

Thanks for comments, they really cheered me up !!!

did the driver go straight on or did he continue left. sometimes a truck will need a bigger swing to get around the island which may mean encrouching on your lane and also wit hyo u only having a small sports car he proberbly didnt see you becuase you would have been in his blind spot.

ive done it myself before in central london where a mini metro tryed to get up the inside of me and it was in my blind spot all i heard was a crunch. it was a slow speed accident and the driver claimed whiplash injurys and it ended up going to court with a 50/50 outcome and it dragged on for nearly 3 years!!!.

please dont take offence at what i worte in a previous post i was just asking questions that any insurance company would be asking you.

Gaynor Hancock:
Obviously I’m very lucky to be alive, and my children are grateful for that fact.

we’re all glad your’e still alive too :wink: :laughing:

It does sound like you were in the trucks blindspot, was the truck going right or straight on?

The driver continued straight ahead in my lane, and never turned right.

I have convinced myself that the only reason they never stopped was because they never saw me, and I do hope that is the case.

I am not blaming the driver and I hope the outcome of the accident is that they never saw me.

Thanks for the reply

Gaynor

Maybe if you tell us exactly where this accident took place there may be a driver on here who could explain the layout of the junction a bit better.

From the explanation you have put up so far the picture I get in my head is

A lorry that wanted to go north from the east was on the roundabout in lane 4 (the right turn lane from east)

You entered the roundabout from south to go east or north as the lorry was going round the junction ending up on it’s inside (in the blind spot)

As the lorry moves over to get in the correct lane to leave the round about the driver makes contact with your vehicle because you are in effect invisible to them.

I would deem this as being your fault (if this is the case) as you have effectively undertook the lorry which is not only dangerous (for obvious reasons ) but illegal

I also dont understand how you were pushed from lane 3 to lane 2 then immediately mounted an “island”?
What happened to lane 1?

If indeed there was cctv in operation you can get a copy of the footage.
This is a legal right of yours under the data protection act 1988 If you make a note of the number written on the camera gantry the time of the accident and a description of the incident you can contact the D.O.T with the details.

This should settle any arguments as to “fault” and give you absolute proof in your case for private prosecution.
Equally if you are at fault the owner of the lorry could do the same and use in defence

As I dont know the facts of this incident the above post is purely supposition

You won’t get a quick resolution of this matter. I’d be amazed if you can trace the driver yourself from the registration. Leave it to the police and the insurance company. Surely you will get your no claims and any other money re-imbursed when they catch the bloke who did not stop. Highly unlikely he did not know he had hit something :exclamation:

I was coming of M62 Junction 9 onto the A49 Winwick Road, Roundabout with traffic lights, lane 1 takes you left to Forton leisure, then a dividing island shaped like a big triangle, then 3 lanes, 1st and 2nd lane will take you across rounabout to continue on the A49, 4th lane will take you right onto Cromwell Avenue, the driver of the lorry was in lane 4, I was in lane 3 to his left, I don’t suppose at this point the driver knew that a little Z3 was at the side of him at lights, maybe he did, I will never know.
Lights turned green and he set of and so did I, he then swung to the left to move over to the lane I was in, that is when he hit the back drivers side of my car, my car then swerved to the rightand his massive wheel then went into my drivers door, and pushed me over to lane 2, where i then lost control of vehicle and mounted the dividing traingle (Island) between lanes, 1 & 2 the lorry driver continued in the lane I was orginally in and went across roundabout and drove down the A49, heading towards Warrington.

I hope that explians it a bit better.

Thanks for all your replies, I do feel in absolute limbo at the moment and I have took on board what everyone has written.
The police are doing there job in a procedure, and my insurance are too, maybe I am a little impatient and want a result now, so I can get my car repaired.

I have no malice and have not taken offence to any comments and I hope likewise.

I sincerely wish you all safe driving.

Regards

Gaynor

Glad to hear your alright Gaynor, :smiley: and welcome to our little world.

The registration of the truck,rings a bell with me too,because one of my agency’s customers,has Hill Hire as their truck and trailer supplier.I know Hill Hire do have Axors as part of their rental fleet,and it may be worth while ringing them,and see if this is indeed one of their trucks.

hillhire.co.uk/

If it does turn out to be one of their vehicles,then they may give you the information that you seek,but then again,the may cite confidentiality as a reason for not giving you that information.

It’s a shot in the dark,but it may be beneficial to you.

However,I will now look at it from a truck drivers point of view…

While I will not condone the actions of the driver for going straight on,when he was in the wrong lane,one has to remember that an artic,with a length of about 60 feet,needs a lot of room to manoeuvre.Unfortunately,majority of car drivers,don’t realise this,thinking that it takes up only as much room as the family hatchback.The problem is,that car drivers are not taught this when they take their lessons,and subsequently,their test,and as a result,accidents like this,are only too common.

The road designers must share some of the responsibility as well.

I was fortunate enought to educate my wife,some years ago,and luckily,she now has the sense to see that it takes a long time to get an artic moving from standstill,and also takes a lot of room to move around.

I do hope that some good comes out of your indescretion,and that you are now in a position to teach others,and I’m sure that if you want to see it at first hand,then perhaps a short journey in one,might let you see what it’s like.

If there is anything you need to know about our industry,that you won’t get in the press,then always feel free to pop in.Your always welcome.

Ken.

anyone with local knowledge its here

jon

Thank you for the reply, it might be a lead since you are the second person to mention Hill Hire.

I do not want to step on the police’s toes however it may mean a quicker result for me.

Even if it leads to nowhere, I may have made some new friends within the Truck / Lorry drivers world. Thank you.

I would glady take up the oppurtunity to take a drive in a truck / lorry to get a better outlook on a lorry drivers views of the road and road users.

If anyone is offering to take a little lady on a new adventure, albeit a little scared of lorries, please contact me. They will obviously need to be in the North West Area.

Kind Regards

Gaynor

Gaynor Hancock:
little Z3

sort of expains a lot to me, your car being a BMW
where the indicators working/in use??

btw, it should only take around 10 days from the date of the accident to the driver/company recieving notice from the police asking for details…I should know from experience …(not in this case I hasten to add)