Can you help? Witness needed. (Possibly)

I know this is quite possibly a waste of time, but by any chance, was anyone here on Krefeld Way, Leicester on Tues 27th April about 1825 (6.25pm)?

Click HERE to see a map.

A friend of mine was heading from Anstey Lane R/B to the Orwell Drive R/B and came to a stop in traffic. The next thing she knew, there was a chap coming up behind quite quickly, who then obviously saw she had stopped. He tried to swerve, but still managed to hit her car.

Apparently there was a truck coming the other way, and she noticed that he had to brake quite hard as it looked like this bloke was going to hit him also.

Obviously he is trying to counter any claim against him, but, as nobody stopped, she has no witnesses.

If it were you driving that truck, and actually saw him hit her car, would you please PM me and I will pass details on to you. All it would take is a quick phone call and a statement, possibly even by email.

It is doubtful it will go to court but would strengthen her case by quite alot.

Thanks.

On that road there’s a very good chance it was a Walkers wagon so maybe a call to them would be worthwhile. TNT maybe? I don’t get it though, I thought a shunt up the bum was a no brainer? One of the reasons I’ve got mysen one of these, too many dishonest people about!

Edit: Another tip is to go back to the scene this Tuesday one hour before the collision until one hour after and make a note of the wagons you see. If traffic is heavy, it’s possible you’ll be able to quickly ask them there and then.

Darby Flyer:
He tried to swerve, but still managed to hit her car.

If the damage on her car is at the rear then he is wasting his time with any excuses so tell her not to worry

Unless I’ve read this wrong, why does she need to go and find a witness■■? She was sat in traffic and she was hit up the rear, how that came about is not really a concern of hers, the driver of the vehicle that hit her might want to find a witness as to why her had to swerve ( but that won’t do him/her any good).
Hope the wiplash wasn’t too bad…
To me this is an open and shut case, although it still could take 2 years to come to a conclusion, this won’t go to court it will be sorted by the Lawyers.£££££

Thanks folks.

I told her the very same thing about being shunted from behind. There’s usually no way out of it, BUT, she’s a worry wart and so I said I’d ask.

She was on her way to Gala bingo with her mum at the time so luckily the kids weren’t with her, and both of them have been complaining of aches and pains either in the neck or in the shoulder / upper back area. Now I know what peeps will think, but these are very good friends of mine and I can’t see what good telling me BS would do as I couldnt take it further, :laughing:

Anyway, I think she’s more ■■■■■■ at the damage to her car, she hasn’t had it long !

Like I say, thanks anyway.

Darby Flyer:
Thanks folks.

I told her the very same thing about being shunted from behind. There’s usually no way out of it, BUT, she’s a worry wart and so I said I’d ask.

She was on her way to Gala bingo with her mum at the time so luckily the kids weren’t with her, and both of them have been complaining of aches and pains either in the neck or in the shoulder / upper back area. Now I know what peeps will think, but these are very good friends of mine and I can’t see what good telling me BS would do as I couldnt take it further, :laughing:

Anyway, I think she’s more ■■■■■■ at the damage to her car, she hasn’t had it long !

tell her to go doctors today tell the doc you have been in a rear end shunt and then put it a whiplash claim am sure 1500quid will ease the pains

You have a PM

Thanks for that Deep. I have forwarded that message. :smiley:

you have a pm!!

Thanks Stoke Trucker, I have replied :laughing:

Darby Flyer:
Thanks folks.

If she had a her mum in the car aswell, BINGO, another witness, NO need for another :laughing:

Stanley Mitchell:
If she had a her mum in the car aswell, BINGO, another witness

That is not regarded as an independant witness

ROG:

Stanley Mitchell:
If she had a her mum in the car aswell, BINGO, another witness

That is not regarded as an independant witness

Thats funny, when I`ve had a problem with this type of incident, with a car full of people, the combined witness statements came in VERY handy in winning the case for the CAR, even when the idiot hit me :imp:

And, thats why insurance companies are now asking drivers to photograpgh the occupants of the other vehicle, line them up with a copy of the days paper on display, as its VERY common for the occupants to multiply when they are out of view, shall we say :open_mouth:

The position in the 80s was that any occupants in the same vehicle were counted as one witness - perhaps this has now changed…