More witnesse wanted

annandaleobserver.co.uk/stor … =2&id=1824

Another accident in which witnesses are needed.

A police spokesman said: "We are particularly keen to speak with the driver of an eastbound articulated lorry, described as a low loader, carrying a blue lorry.

“This vehicle is believed to have been overtaken by one of the motor cars at the time of the collision.”

it would be interesting to know if the lorry was doing 40mph, because we all know what happens if we stick at that 40mph limit on single carriageway roads, don’t we? :unamused:

A police spokesman said:
[/quote]
“This vehicle is believed to have been overtaken by one of the motor cars at the time of the collision.”
[/quote]
I can,t get the picture in my head about this one. The wagon was overtaken by one of the cars involved in this accident. Am I getting this all wrong? If the wagon was overtaken, (that is one of the cars came from behind, and overtook it), then what appears to have been a "head-on"crash ,happened somewhere ahead of it. That being the case, did the wagon driver then pass the scene of the crash,or what.:confused: :confused: :confused:The wreckage is on both sides of the road.The wagon driver could hardly have missed it. :confused: :confused: :confused: It makes you wonder why the hgv driver did not stop at the scene.
:bulb: :bulb: Maybe like that MegaBus Driver on the M74, and the Tanker driver on the A1. he just didn,t notice.

Buycrider:
A police spokesman said:

[/quote]

I can,t get the picture in my head about this one. The wagon was overtaken by one of the cars involved in this accident. Am I getting this all wrong? If the wagon was overtaken, (that is one of the cars came from behind, and overtook it), then what appears to have been a "head-on"crash ,happened somewhere ahead of it. That being the case, did the wagon driver then pass the scene of the crash,or what.:confused: :confused: :confused:The wreckage is on both sides of the road.The wagon driver could hardly have missed it. :confused: :confused: :confused: It makes you wonder why the hgv driver did not stop at the scene.
:bulb: :bulb: Maybe like that MegaBus Driver on the M74, and the Tanker driver on the A1. he just didn,t notice.

it depends where he was on the a75. there are areas where you would stop, and areas where you wouldn’t.
and the car could have set off to overtake, then hit the other car towards the back of the trailer, (like when they travel too close, and keep popping their nose out, like a game of peekaboo),maybe near a bend, so the hgv driver may have been completely unaware of it.

Buycrider:
A police spokesman said:

[/quote]
[/quote]
it appears you are making some assumptions unfairly. the wagon could have turned off shortly after being overtaken. the driver could well have stopped and then left before the police took his details, or maybe like you assume he could(although i doubt it) have picked his way through and driven off on his merry way!