M25 Friday

Was anyone else on this [zb] of an excuse for a motorway, yesterday? I had to go to High Wycombe at around 12.30 ish, to deliver a container, then pick one up in St Albans around 5.pm, blooody hell, I made it to St Albans at 6.pm, there must have been at least 5 lane closures all afternoon, due to accidents, they really should fine anybody involved in an accident on that so called orbital, £500.00, no questions, I ended up getting back to Thurrock with 6 minutes to spare, on a 15, the day was only planned as a 9.30, what a ■■■■■■■ joke.

Sapper

Had to go from Aldershot to Bow east London, leaving at 1700. Checked the traffic on google maps, thought sod that so went through London, and only took 30 mins more than normal :smiley:

After I checked the temperature of the coals on the barbecue, I got another cold beer from the fridge. Those sunny Friday afternoons are murder for my waistline.

You farkin ■■■■■■■ nodding donkey! Lol

Sapper

Absolute chaos.
I ran out of time 10 mins walk from r house.
Same Thursday aswell.

It was ridiculous. Lane closures for a car broken down on the nearside of the hard shoulder :unamused: and 40mph restrictions in a couple of clear patches yet 60mph showing in near stationary traffic.

Watford to Gatwick, left at 2.30 arrived 6.15 :imp:

sapper:
Was anyone else on this [zb] of an excuse for a motorway, yesterday? I had to go to High Wycombe at around 12.30 ish, to deliver a container, then pick one up in St Albans around 5.pm, blooody hell, I made it to St Albans at 6.pm, there must have been at least 5 lane closures all afternoon, due to accidents, they really should fine anybody involved in an accident on that so called orbital, £500.00, no questions, I ended up getting back to Thurrock with 6 minutes to spare, on a 15, the day was only planned as a 9.30, what a [zb] joke.

Sapper

So, you wanted to still the limelight from dozy on a Friday, I’m sure he will of had 5 mins to spare :arrow_right:

i’m lucky in that I am a local driver in Swindon now,i never go over four and a half hours driving,but every Friday on R2 I listen to the traffic and everyday it’s the same old thing,the M25 being bxxxxxxxxd,usually from 10 to 17,that has to be over a 20 mile queue,thank god I don’t use it anymore,on a previous job I had to go to Essex from time to time for 2 or 3 drops sometimes on a Friday,i used to stress out if I was delayed as you have to be out of essex and away from the M25 by 1pm,otherwise you got no chance,1pm is usually when it starts jamming up,if no accidents of course which just makes it worse,worst bloody motorway ever built in my opinion,having said that when it’s running smooth[rare] it’s nice.

sapper:
Was anyone else on this [zb] of an excuse for a motorway, yesterday? I had to go to High Wycombe at around 12.30 ish, to deliver a container, then pick one up in St Albans around 5.pm, blooody hell, I made it to St Albans at 6.pm, there must have been at least 5 lane closures all afternoon, due to accidents, they really should fine anybody involved in an accident on that so called orbital, £500.00, no questions, I ended up getting back to Thurrock with 6 minutes to spare, on a 15, the day was only planned as a 9.30, what a [zb] joke.

Sapper

Feel your pain Sapper. I went around the top Friday afternoon/evening and made my first drop on 4:23 drivetime, planned 2:50ish. Maybe fines might concentrate the mind after the event but can’t see things improving any time soon. Till people pay attention and don’t drive into the vehicle in front, slow to a virtual stop to get the pics and video for their social media we’re going to have to ■■■■ it up and chill.

sapper:
they really should fine anybody involved in an accident on that so called orbital, £500.00, no questions.

Sapper

A lot of them will be fined, in court action taken against them where driving offences like driving without due care and attention can be proven.

But even if they did fine people, no one hurtling into an accident is going to think ‘Oh no £500 fine’ and suddenly regain control!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Know what you mean Luke, but it might make them concentrate a little more, they never seem to look further than the end of the bonnet and I wonder how many of these accidents were caused by the monkeys being on the phone.

Sapper

Last time I looked the traffic levels on the M25 were somewhere between 150-200k vehicles a day. It’s inevitable that a handful of those vehicles are either going to breakdown or be driven by somebody who will commit a human error.

There is no solution so long as humans are driving cars in such large numbers in one confined space.

I left Northampton at 4:45pm for Edmonton, and arrived there at 8:15pm. Because it took more than double the time it should have, the knock on effect meant I didn’t have to do my 2nd run! :laughing:

ezydriver:
I left Northampton at 4:45pm for Edmonton, and arrived there at 8:15pm. Because it took more than double the time it should have, the knock on effect meant I didn’t have to do my 2nd run! :laughing:

With a few exceptions I’ve long since given up on it with it having no real advantages over the old pre M25 routes and often more disadvantages.On that note Northampton to Edmonton would logically have gone along the lines of A1,A10 ? with no need to get involved with the M25.Ironically people using routes from the North like M1 or M40 etc,to get to the East or North East side of London,unnecessarily adding to the traffic loading on it.

Carryfast:

ezydriver:

With a few exceptions I’ve long since given up on it with it having no real advantages over the old pre M25 routes and often more disadvantages.On that note Northampton to Edmonton would logically have gone along the lines of A1,A10 ? with no need to get involved with the M25.Ironically people using routes from the North like M1 or M40 etc,to get to the East or North East side of London,unnecessarily adding to the traffic loading on it.

Satnav said “no” to A1, A10. :laughing:

That is why i prefer driving in london now… less stressful, hardly any accidents or lane closures… must slower steady pace of driving…

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

slowlane:
It was ridiculous. Lane closures for a car broken down on the nearside of the hard shoulder :unamused: and 40mph restrictions in a couple of clear patches yet 60mph showing in near stationary traffic.

this is what GRIPS MY ■■■■. :unamused: they put the PROHIBITED speed limits up to catch you speeding, when the back of the queue should be slowest, so as not to catch up where the action has taken place. :unamused: obviously the ■■■■ who flicks on the signs, is NOT watching/ monitoring the ■■■■■■■ CCTV to keep the traffic going! I remember the first lot of SMARTARSE/ speed cameras in the above matrix/ gantries early 90s from Heathrow round past M3! To make your journey safer, stay in lane. Nope just used the back roads lots quicker. :open_mouth: it isn’t the M25’s fault, BELIEVE IT OR NOT IT IS THE PEOPLE WHO USE IT! :sunglasses:

sapper:

Sapper

what you whining for? Six mins spare. :grimacing: