M25 Last Friday

Anyone her get stuck at the Dartford crossing last Friday, absolute chaos. M25 closed between 1a and 1b due to lorry fire (hope driver is ok). The traffic boys were diverting everyone off the south side of the crossing onto the A226 Swanscombe but there were no diversion or alternate route signs so most were driving round and round the roundabout at the top of the slip road wandering where to go. I dropped down toward Gravesend and the A2 to rejoin the 25 at J2 without much problem, trouble is I spent so much time parked on the bridge by the time I got back up the M1 to j24 I was out of hours and had to be fetched in. The only good thing was it was very warm night and from the clear vantage point of the cab of an FH 13 the scenary in passing cars was very nice.

What time was it ? Did it start,that is…?
CM. From Heanor…? Are you driving for that heavy out-fit…?

harry:
What time was it ? Did it start,that is…?
CM. From Heanor…? Are you driving for that heavy out-fit…?

The Friday night fiasco must have happened very shortly before I hit the bridge at 23.40.

By that heavy outfit I guess you mean Heanor Heavy haulage, no, I drive for Innovate formerly Phil Hanley out of Bilsthorpe.

I see.I made the decision to leave Heathrow @ 12.00and go round the M25 via the A10 roadworks side. Delay 45 mins. There always seems to be something going on the Dartford way on a Friday.

"The Friday night fiasco must have happened very shortly before I hit the bridge at 23.40. "

Not another bridge strike :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
sorry could’nt resist it :smiley:

Sorry to hear you lot got stuck on M25 last friday I also got stuck on the A13 which was closed due to a accident on the 21/7/06, then my hours ran out ■■■■.

DO WE HAVE A NAME CM , ITS SIR SWIPER HERE