M25 14 11 14

how many of you got stuck on the M25 on Friday,i left my depot at 05 45 Friday morning for kent and thought great get down there, get out of kent by 11am /12pm,that way I miss the start of the usual crap on a Friday on the M25,as any hgv driver knows it never goes to plan,the M25 I managed to get through after around 2 hours,got through to the M20 only to find the M20 was being closed for operation stack at JUNCTION 8,after about a 30 min delay we were taken off at j8 as there was an incident,no incident just the H/Agencies excuse to shut the motorway for operation stack,this is where I don’t understand their logic because as you came onto the roundabout at j8 you could then rejoin on the entry ramp so what was the point of causing a massive tailback when you could rejoin on the entry ramp,this was at around 12pm on the way back at 14 20 it was still shut and not being used for said operation,the police were telling car drivers at the start to move out into the middle lane from the first only for the car drivers having to move back in at j8 to come off,so what should have been around a ten hour day became 15 hrs with me and another driver having to be picked up after running out of hours,still that’s life I suppose

You would only rejoin the m20 if you was shipping out otherwise use a20 if yo do rejoin you find a q further down where trucks have to wait on the motorway until the police release them at about 30 or so a time to go down to the train or ferry If I remember they have a ticket system and I think if you turn up at ferry without ticket back you go although plenty try it and get away with it

yeah I understand that,but the operation was not even implemented,you had a clear run to dover,everybody was using it so why did they not close it when the operation was going to start,say 30 min before,they obviously know in advance when to start operation stack and it wasn’t at 12 pm onwards,a few hours later and it still wasn’t being used for said operation so they caused a lot of problems for nothing