M25 last night

Had to do a trailer swap at Purfleet docks last night. Came out to see that the queue for the bridge was bach to the roundabout at Jcn 30. That was gonna be at least 1 hr, so decided to go over the top.
M25 closed at M11 and diverted down to A404 North Circ.
North Circ, Fore Street tunnel closed. All traffic down to 1 lane.

What idiot let that happen?

Just another day at the office :smiley:

SWEDISH BLUE:
What idiot let that happen?

If I had to guess then my guess would be the idiot in the planning department who cycles home at 4pm and never bears witness to the carnage that he/she has caused.

They do it on purpose. I was coming up the M1 to Nottingham last week and it was closed from J22-23 and also J24 exit was closed, the junction I needed. The diversion from 22 took you to 23 but if I’d followed that I’d have had to have gone up to J25 to turn around and get off at the Southbound J24 exit. No problem I thought, I’ll jump on the A6 and go through Loughborough and go over the top of J24. A6 closed through Loughborough. I’m now in the back streets of the town in a double decker :astonished:

Ended up going down the A12, past the olympic village (nice clear road at 1am) and through the blackwall tunnel 3 nights out of 5 last week…

Bored by the closed Dartford Tunnel
Shafted by Fore (skin) street tunnel closure
Railroaded off the M25 @ J27

This week, I understand the M25 will be shut from holmesdale tunnel some nights as well…
Why do they leave all this stuff to August FFS? :imp:

Winseer:

have you ever tried laying tarmac in january :question:
:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

green456:

Winseer:

Yes That is what we did in winter and in summer we did tar and chippings :smiley:

They closed the A1 at the A606 turn off, added another 30-45 minutes on to a already long illegal day for me.

Radar19:
They closed the A1 at the A606 turn off, added another 30-45 minutes on to a already long illegal day for me.

I thought we’d put that one to bed on the removal thread? Are you still on for them cowboys?

SWEDISH BLUE:

green456:

Winseer:

Yes That is what we did in winter and in summer we did tar and chippings :smiley:

What about the other months? It doesn’t have to be one extreme or the other… I reckon between Christmas & New Year coupled with January-March would have indeed been the best times, because the workforce are keener (hardly any agency drivers about, - mostly sidelined) which makes everyone actually working knuckle down, and every day without snow & ice is a boon for getting things done… Think of how quickly road resurface material will harden up in the cold as well… Tar doesn’t go crumbly when quickly cooled does it?

the maoster:

Radar19:

I thought we’d put that one to bed on the removal thread? Are you still on for them cowboys?

Oh god no. I’m on multi-drop for co-op.