Crap day on the M25 Essex today

Don’t know how many of you were caught up in the absolute chaos on the M25 in Essex today . Anti J27. Closed due to an accident involving 2 wagons and a car. Everything put onto the M11 « sort yourselves out people » seemed to be the thing to do.
Then later, just before the bridge clockwise, 2 artics décided to have an argument, one of them ending up down the embankment. How the hell the Alcaline driver got out of his truck alive I haven’t got a clue !!!. Plenty of pics on Essex news

Got caught up in both.

Lovely day. Can see why people hate trucks.

Yep certainly did spent 3 hours just trying to do the last 1 1/2 miles to get my works yards in west thurrock should have started at 6pm left home from tilbury at 16.45 As new traffic was bad should have started at 6pm finally getting their at gone 20.00 then had the joys of getting out of west thurrrock to get around to Hemel Hempstead then onto farnborough still got the joys to come getting back to west thurrock

pierrot 14:
Plenty of pics on Essex news

to save people searching.
essexlive.news/news/essex-n … os-1946178

J30-j1A is still closed and it’s 05:00am

The Alcaline driver got a first-hand reminder as to why load securing matters…

So truck net accident investigation branch, what happened?

Got off the woolwich ferry at 1610 hrs, arrived back at North Weald airfield at 1945 hrs ! the roundabout at J7 on the M11 took 40 minutes alone to get around!

My last drop of the day was in/on (?) the docklands. I tried to go via blackwall as my next drop was in Bromley. I had to give up and go back to the docklands and park up for the night. Parked with 10 mins to spare on a 15 [emoji51]
Every time I come to this ■■■■ hole area I ask myself why people actual choose to work and live here. I was having a good natter with an EE on a site yesterday and I asked him why he chose to come to this area. All he could come up with was “for work” [emoji23]
Like there’s nothing being built outside the M25 is there [emoji23], it’s just a wilderness!

Oh yeah, I forgot to say, London ‘drivers’ being what they are I saw 2 cars on the A13 driving up the wide footpath/cycle lane [emoji23] Hopefully the authorities got it on cctv so they can send them a nice little demand for money [emoji23]

I left Dagenham at 4 am ( went out to m25 ) and even had time for a 45 before the place at Leighton buzzard opened , :smiley:

A more detailed report…

essexlive.news/news/essex-n … ng-1946503

Opens the debate up again on carrying coils.

Were they secured properly? Were they secured at all? Would chains have held when straps did or didn’t?

On the subject of load security, I passed an foreign registered motor with a moffett on the back & they had used 1 ratchet strap secured to what looked like the the grab handles either side of the doors instead of the chains you normally see either side

From Essexlive:
“Both HGVs have been significantly damaged”
Well, you can’t tell from looking at those photos…

exit:
From Essexlive:

In the plus side, the press weren’t guilty of sensationalism on that score. :slight_smile:

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Franglais:

exit:
From Essexlive:

In the plus side, the press weren’t guilty of sensationalism on that score. :slight_smile:

It is a good job that no one was “significantly killed”. :neutral_face:

Looking at the now re-surfaced road there, I’ll suggest that this accident was caused by something flying out of the on-slip, the foreign wagon tried to change from lane 1 to lane 2 to let them out/avoid hitting the merging vehicle - only to side-swipe whatever was in lane 2 at that moment - the foreign driver’s blind side of course.

Winseer:

Franglais:

exit:
From Essexlive:

It is a good job that no one was “significantly killed”. :neutral_face:

Looking at the now re-surfaced road there, I’ll suggest that this accident was caused by something flying out of the on-slip, the foreign wagon tried to change from lane 1 to lane 2 to let them out/avoid hitting the merging vehicle - only to side-swipe whatever was in lane 2 at that moment - the foreign driver’s blind side of course.

@Winseer…you are correct, but it was the MAN that pulled out on the Alcaline driver

Fortunately the Alcaline driver had nothing worse than a broken wrist, he is a very lucky man :astonished:

milodon:
The Alcaline driver got a first-hand reminder as to why load securing matters…

To several on here they won’t see anything wrong…

Surely…

The pictures showing coils all over the place is evidence enough that what ever restraint system (if there was one at all) was in use, it clearly didn’t work.