M11 closed

Bad accident on the M11 this morning.
Nine vehicles involved including trucks a coach and several cars.
Motorway closed and air ambulance in attendence.

Just said on the radio that its just north of j8 (stanstead) to j9, 17 miles of road shut and that a few cars ended up on the south bound side.Sounds very bad 4 air ambulance at scene and all surounding roads very busy i guess that means A120 and A 414.

Rear of coach and Actros do not look good: tinyurl.com/4yh7xs9

I think there is 3 trucks involved,one is a Gist and the 2nd is a morrison’s truck the 3rd dosen’t seem to have a name on the side.

bbc video here

Maybe someone was fatigued after driving yesterday to see their Mums on a long distance drive,early start this morning,driver error,perhaps.

I came up the M5 from Exeter this morning,and with this problem along with others,I think the M5 was the only motorway that didn’t have a problem.

That Actros has suffered a bit, the driver was unhurt, he needs to do the lottery this week.

The tanker driver speaks out in this article.

dunmowbroadcast.co.uk/news/m … t_1_853904

Was it Magnatom that caused it, cycling down the middle of the road again? :stuck_out_tongue:

GOD!!! That bleepin’ cyclist gets everywhere :smiling_imp:

Closed for 15 hours. I’m not a road worker so is there anyone who can tell me why it would take so long?

44 Tonne Ton:
Closed for 15 hours. I’m not a road worker so is there anyone who can tell me why it would take so long?

i believe there was a fuel spillage so they will have had to resurface the road.

I bet they’re glad that tanker wasn’t involved!!!

It’s amusing to read the comments on the sky news article. Always assuming it’s the lorry driver that caused the accident when they haven’t revealed how it happened.

Out of curiosity if that kind of thing happens and you are stuck, do you put the tacho on poa or rest or leave it for a manual printout and get back to base or what?

The Saxmachine:
I bet they’re glad that tanker wasn’t involved!!!

It’s amusing to read the comments on the sky news article. Always assuming it’s the lorry driver that caused the accident when they haven’t revealed how it happened.

Out of curiosity if that kind of thing happens and you are stuck, do you put the tacho on poa or rest or leave it for a manual printout and get back to base or what?

I would put it on rest, you may get 3 hours uninterrupted and it might just get you home on Friday night instead of Saturday morning

Ok thanks. I’m sure I’ll get held up in something like this at least once.

It would have been worse if they had hit that helicopter parked in the road. :laughing: :laughing:

The Anti-Truck Brigade strike in the comments. :imp:

One of the “intelligent” gits :laughing:
“spent 3 yrs driving from Heathrow to Cambridge to visit my daughter,the M11 is one of the worst M-ways in the UK,particularly the section after Stansted.The trucks are the worst offenders trying to pass each other on an upgrade,both UK and foreign.The police should take firm action against any truck driver causing an accident!
Take away their licence to start with and fine the company they drive for?
The best route I found was to take the A1M to Baldock then Cambridge.
You only have to look at the number of trucks in the picture! Best thing is only allow HGV’s to move at night-give everybody a break!
Ian-France.”

I bet he’ll be one of the first to winge when he ain’t got no bread or his Daily Mail

Doesn’t look like a nice crash though

Ian France,is a dumbo,so all the trucks will be parked up in the day,who will pay the extra money for workers to tip wagons all night,this man must be the regular stooge,that rings the Jeremy Vain show.,why dont all the cars get off the road,so we can do our job,dont you ever wonder where they are all going,allways one occupancy in the vehicle,never share the car,is that trip to the shop,coffee morining,picking up the little fat darlings really neccesary.He will be quoting get all the freight on the trains next.

ScannyManny:

“spent 3 yrs driving from Heathrow to Cambridge to visit my daughter,the M11 is one of the worst M-ways in the UK,particularly the section after Stansted.]The trucks are the worst offenders trying to pass each other on an upgrade,both UK and foreign.The police should take firm action against any truck driver causing an accident!
You only have to look at the number of trucks in the picture! Best thing is only allow HGV’s to move at night-give everybody a break!
Ian-France.”

I bet he’ll be one of the first to winge when he ain’t got no bread or his Daily Mail

He’s not wrong there though?

44 Tonne Ton:

ScannyManny:

“spent 3 yrs driving from Heathrow to Cambridge to visit my daughter,the M11 is one of the worst M-ways in the UK,particularly the section after Stansted.]The trucks are the worst offenders trying to pass each other on an upgrade,both UK and foreign.The police should take firm action against any truck driver causing an accident!
Ian-France.”

He’s not wrong there though?

But I’m somewhat puzzled how going up the A1 (also a dual carriageway) and then cutting across from Baldock will make the journey any faster? :confused: In fact suffice to say it won’t.