Crazy M 1 Drivers

While you probably know that the M1 up north has been closed for most of this afternoon . well you know what that means all traffic was sent over to MY ROAD YES THE A1 . Stop go ,stop go from right up on the M62 all the way down to Markam Moor chock a block DAM THERE WHEELS I ONLY JUST GOT HOME.

LOVE THE JOB YOUR IN OR SOMEBODY ELS WILL!!

:frowning: it was closed due to a serious accident,hope no one you know was involved in it :frowning: :frowning:

gezt:
:frowning: it was closed due to a serious accident,hope no one you know was involved in it :frowning: :frowning:

Of course it was closed due to a accident like i said crazy M1 Drivers if they would slow down a bit and give there arse a chance there may not have been an accident in the first place sadly the people injured are mostly not to blame.

Heard on the news that someone was killed :frowning:

i went down the A46 to avoid the M1 and then join the A1 at newark and got held up for 2 hours and then ran out of time!! It seems to be the day for it!

I was on my way back to the yard when I heard the M1 was open again. I joined it at J25 and was doing really well until I got to J29.

It appears that one of our foreign cousins had been at it again and spun a car around :unamused: Thanks to this I also ran out of time :smiling_imp:

Potter:
i went down the A46 to avoid the M1 and then join the A1 at newark and got held up for 2 hours and then ran out of time!! It seems to be the day for it!

think your right.
i battled my way round the 25 and up the 40 last night, through the snow showers, and sub zero temps, and made oxford services. didn’t see 1 gritter out.
set off this morning, and couldn’t suss out why it was so quiet, on the 40, both ways. i was going north, didn’t get passed by a thing for first 5 miles :open_mouth: then heard it was shut behind me, j5-7 i think, 2 smashes.
then there was the m1 today. which, if i heard sally traffic right this evening, had a mass knock on effect, on the m6, a14 and a1.
plus the m4, was chaos, due too the m40, also m25 really bad.
def not a good day on the roads.

always seem bad each year, just after the clocks have gone back.

The one on the M1 was a car stopped/broken down in the third lane southbound and a guy had got out the car and was stood between the central resevation as traffic southbound slowed. as my mate passed he saw him jump over the barrier on to the northbound carrageway and in his mirrors all my mate saw was a cloud of tyre smoke from a van as it hit the guy. Van driver had NO chance of avoiding him.

My mate said he could see no reason for the guy to go on to the northbound carrageway. :unamused:

I feel for the poor van driver in this.

double post

yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/M1- … 4642795.jp

Maybe your mates info could be useful Freek? Phone number on link

DS074:
http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/M1-closed-after-fatal-crash.4642795.jp

Maybe your mates info could be useful Freek? Phone number on link

that link just gives me “article has been unable to display.” seems they have taken it down.

Had 1 no infact 2 crazy drivers on A52 this morning at about 5am

Driving towards the beeston VOSA station on the A52 from grantham going up the hill past the petrol station, their where 2 vehicles behind me who were getting quite impatitent with me travelling at 40 mph :smiley: :slight_smile: , they had been stuck behind me for a few miles, their was a artic in front of me any way,road was quite busy so they hadnt been a space for them to over take…

Anyway going up the hill, first one saw a gap to over take both me and the artic in front. First vehicle went for the overtake a 7.5t lorry then a car decided to follow behind, just as the 7.5 was just about to reach the artic trailer and car driver door was level with my front bumper…

All of a sudden they pull infront of me - no warning, because they mis-judged the gap and came face to face with a petrol tanker!!!

Flashed my lights and blew my horn as i was pritty cheesed off what they had done since i had to break, lost my momentum and crawlled up at 25 mph… :imp:

Why couldnt they of waited till the flat or over taken further up when their was more space, especially the 7.5 going up a hill as well.

grrr… :imp: :imp: rant over.