M18 Sat17th

Yet more sad news to add to the forum.

Here it seems a motorist had stepped in front of a HGV.

Most sincere condolences to the dead mans family and to the driver involved.

I feel for anyone who hits a pedestrian, but somehow feel more or truckers as they usually need far longer to stop or can’t swerve enough.

I went from Scunthorpe to Loughborough today and would usually use M18 and M1. I saw the closure signs and decided on A1 / A46 instead.

UNFORTUNATELY, those idiot HA bods got it wrong and many many people were left jammed up as the matrix signs were displaying:

M18 CLOSED - J1 TO M1, yet the incident was about 1/2 mile before J1 southbound. Why the hell can’t they get it right?

I don’t know what was going on when I returned, but about 3pm, I came back M1 and M18 and there was still a closure in place, but I can’t imagine this was the same one as this morning, as the jam hadn’t quite reached the A1.

i came past at 11 there was a stobart truck and a car on hard shoulder just past j1 thats where all the coppers were but the only vehicle with damaged sustained was the car on the front i didn’t know what had happened hope the drivers are ok and condelences to the family.