M1 northbound J25 - J26

For anyone who doesn’t already know,it’s been shut due to a multi-vehicle accident,went past it in the early hours of this morning and it looked nasty,at least three artics involved.Hope the drivers are ok as it looked quite grim

Heard about this but didnt know where it was, not been mentioned on the radio :s.

Reports saying 5 trucks involved, one crossed 4 lanes of traffic

I’m suprised it hasn’t been on the radio,I passed it around 3:30 - 4am and the motorway was closed then.The wagons and wreckage were spread across all four lanes near Trowell services,the cabs on at least two were near-on destroyed.Just hope that someone was looking down on the poor drivers and there are no fatalities

It no real surpise though, most people are still bang on the limiter when theres just a few metres visabilty.

say’s 2 drivers cut free

http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/M1-closed-northbound-accident/story-15518766-detail/story.html

looks like no one died

jonboy

Just been past, i thought the worst. Glad no confirmed fatalities, accident investigators were painting and photographing.

Re-opening at 1pm, according the Radio.

just read the news report about it on aol, the comments board on there is going mad with the usual lorrys should be banned and they are all breaking the law brigade, :imp: :imp:

I didn’t think it would take the anti-truck brigade long to start,bunch of ■■■■■ that they are :unamused:

Early hours of this morning,visibility down to 75 metres and still they come tanking past,nose to tail.

doesn’t look good from the pic on here

jonboy

Visibility was probably only about 25 metres when I passed it.Police are appealing for the driver of a small red car that was possibly the cause but left the scene to come forward.Yeah,like that’s going to happen.Lets hope the car was caught on one of the motorway cameras so the driver can be traced and (if necessary) dealt with accordingly.If nothing else the car driver may be able to shed more light on the incident.

passed it heading south bound around 5.30am this morning looked bad like :confused: the fog on m1 this morning was shocking tho! hope everyone involved is ok.