M1 J11-12 Today

After dealing with the multi-vehicle incident this morning, which resulted in a full closure for some considerable time, we attended the many live lane broken down cars. All the cars were automatics, stuck in park and unable to be towed by us. I did ask one driver if he would allow us to drag his car to lane one but he said no. I don’t blame him to be honest. I would like to say a big thankyou to the TGX driver, Possibly Hunt Transport, who whilst sitting in the traffic gave us two cans of ice cold fanta. We were very appreciative. :smiley:

extrucker:
I would like to say a big thankyou to the TGX driver, Possibly Hunt Transport, who whilst sitting in the traffic gave us two cans of ice cold fanta. We were very appreciative. :smiley:

Quite a decent think to do.

I saw it happen as I was going south. 4 (?) vehicles running into the back of eachother. I had a right result, came on at 12 and there was no traffic whatsoever, apparently there was an accident bewern 14 & 13?

C-Kay:
I saw it happen as I was going south. 4 (?) vehicles running into the back of eachother. I had a right result, came on at 12 and there was no traffic whatsoever, apparently there was an accident bewern 14 & 13?

There was a bad one between 12 and 13. 2 cars and one of Simon Gibsons bulk tankers,hopefully nobody was badly injured.

I saw a pic of the Simon Gibson crash on the M6. There was another serious crash at M1 J13 yesterday evening with 4 seriuos injuries. Why can’t people drive? I much prefer a motorway full of HGVs, at least the majority of them have some sense, not all, but the majority. :slight_smile:

extrucker:
After dealing with the multi-vehicle incident this morning, which resulted in a full closure for some considerable time, we attended the many live lane broken down cars. All the cars were automatics, stuck in park and unable to be towed by us. I did ask one driver if he would allow us to drag his car to lane one but he said no. I don’t blame him to be honest.

So what did you do, i have dragged one from L3 to H/S before, i hope you gave them no other option than duty garage at their own cost, a couple of hunded quid would have focused their mind.

You are supposed to keep the motorway moving a red claim for a bust cable or whatever is cheaper than closing a lane for an hour surely :question:

Speedy, there was still a two lane closure 1/4 mile ahead of us, so the live lane breakdowns were not causing too much of a problem. Free recovery arrived less than ten minutes after all the lanes ahead were re-opened. If it was going to take longer for recovery arrival, we would have dragged the car, the main reason being that approaching traffic speeds had started to rise so a stranded car in lane 2 was not going to be a safe option and we were not willing to close another lane. The main problem in roadworks is that free recovery gets stuck in all the congestion with everyone else unless they can access from inside works area, but that is not possible on the n/b c/way.

extrucker:
Speedy, there was still a two lane closure 1/4 mile ahead of us, so the live lane breakdowns were not causing too much of a problem.

Have one of these “thumbsup smilie” :grimacing:

And how are we finding the outright H&S ban on ‘towing heavies’ or anything over 3.5T to the shoulder under anything except the most extreme circumstances, as there are ‘procedures’ :unamused: in place for a stat removal to arrive within 45mins to begin a clearance attempt :confused:

The official line now is you shut an extra lane or 2 for as long as it takes, time to shut up shop methinks :stuck_out_tongue: