M1 South J23-J22 closed

Closed due to RTA, went past it north not long after it had happened. Apparently fuel has been spilled too. One of the most common hauliers on the road… I’ll leave it there

Withy finest CSI head on let me guess someone has rear ended a plodder up the Hil :unamused: Hope everyone is ok

All lanes open again now.

Pete.

red7jase:
Withy finest CSI head on let me guess someone has rear ended a plodder up the Hil :unamused: Hope everyone is ok

I think so. Hard to tell as it wasn’t overly light. There was a crane there which had either stopped to help or been hit from the rear… and the truck had the front smashed in…

3 lanes shut again.
25-24

More bellend car drivers on the road, sunny day so they’re all off to the seaside.

Conor:
More bellend car drivers on the road, sunny day so they’re all off to the seaside.

What’s wrong with going to the seaside , me & mrs are off to skeggy tomorrow

Sounds like they need to just shut that bit of the M1, dig it up and send everything the old way as its just turning into crash central.

Those ones, plus a major one Friday night involving at least 6 cars northbound between 22 and 23. Plus regular other crashes 25 to 23. Perhaps just flatten the whole rosd out in the name of environmental improvement.

As for plodders, I drive a DAF, its max speed is 25mph some days up those hills and constantly watch close calls including getting tailgated by the odd crane. :blush:

toonsy:
Closed due to RTA, went past it north not long after it had happened. Apparently fuel has been spilled too. One of the most common hauliers on the road… I’ll leave it there

Was it green by any chance

commonrail:
3 lanes shut again.
25-24

That was for a broken down car stranded in lane 1 just before the A50 split. But what happened between 24 and 23A under the runway lights? I was stuck in that ■■■■ for an hour this morning. Eventually got bored and went off the A50W, back round the rbt for Castle Don, back down the other side to A453 rbt and then up past the airport and down the other side on the M42. I couldn’t see what was going on through the trees.

Going back north this afternoon about 3pm everything was at a standstill at Tibshelf to 29 with sign saying lane closure but no mention of which lane. Everyone was stationary in lanes 2, 3 and 4 with trucks moving from lane 1 to lane 2 but there was nothing happening in lane 1, it was completely clear. DPD artic in front of me sussed this too and we were the only 2 who sailed past everything in lane 1. Must’ve gone past 3 or 4 miles of standing traffic, complete bunch of lemmings all queued up for no reason. :unamused:

I saw the stranded car.
But,by the time I got past that…the road ahead was clear.

It’s suddenly got a bit pre-pandemic on the roads. I’ve been in stationary motorway jams in each of my last 3 shifts at night. I probably got stuck in that many through the whole of the last 12 months.

Ah well, it was nice while it lasted.

Managed to get to skeggy and back with no problems , Place was empty , Jesus was it cold , though mrs did say what do you expect when all you wear is a t-shirt( it’s meant to be summer & she’s got a thick coat / scarf on ,sat on front eating the tuna rolls mrs made me a drinking my water , while she scoffed fish & chips , a 99 ice cream , then 4 donuts ( you’d think she’d of have a bit of sympathy for me not being able to that type of food ) journey fine , experience there terrible , take connors advice & keep every one safe by staying at home in future