m1

not a great day on here.
heard it was shut earlier, down at j12, causing long delays, again :unamused:
i got as far as newport pagnell services, southbound, pulled in for a break, now been a further 2 accidents apparently, 1 near the services, and 1 abit further south. the services are now grid locked, and they are trying to get the fire engines and ambulances through here, to get to accidents, its chaos at mo, think i could be here a while. my 3-4 vbs for tilbury is looking doubtful, time for a brew.

Hi,

Is that just southbound or is northbound as bad, i will be going north at about 6pm

Andy

At least you are parked up, some poor bloke is at the back of the queue and can’t have a break for ages probably :open_mouth:

smitha:
Hi,

Is that just southbound or is northbound as bad, i will be going north at about 6pm

Andy

sorry, not to sure.
i’m still in services, as a stobart lorry that tried to leave 20 minutes ago, is still only at the forecourt, but i’m looking at nthbound m1, and its running ok past here, don’t know how it is further back?

jimti, hope you get a break soon, if your thinking of newport pagnell south, its pretty packed at mo.

chilistrucker:
jimti, hope you get a break soon, if your thinking of newport pagnell south, its pretty packed at mo.

I’m alright, I’m sat indoors :grimacing: I was just thinking about all the other poor drivers caught up in the mess, Hope you get through your day ok in the end :smiley:

thanks, hope you get out soon.

Andy

i came northbound and got the tail end of that side of it,most of it was due to rubberneckers looking at the bad one on the southbound side,road was shut and police were directing the traffic off at jnc 12,seems it was a couple of lorries not sure if any cars involved but i saw a 7.5t with pretty much no cab left,it was a mess,not sure if driver is alive or dead but i hope its the former but seeing that cab im not sure,the northbound was shut partially for the air ambulance to land so not good all round i got to jnc 14 and the sthbound traffic was just backing up from there all the way to jnc 12… :frowning:

The wonderful M1…I was due for MK J13 this AM from the south…First a breakdown causing congestion, then an accident, then a short closure, so got off and did my drops in Luton and L Buzz, then on to MK round the back…did drop, time for a 45…Whilst on 45, heard it was closed southbound :unamused: I needed to go to Enfield…So off on the A5, just like everyone else :unamused: So got off that and found my way to Enfield avoiding all the plebs. Tipping at Enfield, they closed the M25 between 27 -29 I wanted Dagenham :sunglasses: …So off through the suburbs avoiding the circular :wink: Got off the 13 onto the 25 and lovely all the way back to Newhaven, managed to avoid all the crud and not run over time :sunglasses:
Aint maps wonderful things :laughing:

well, i got home eventually :unamused:
once i’d got out of newport pagnell, the road started to run again, but it was pretty hit and miss, all the way to the m25, then i was off clockwise, tilbury bound, and heard of the smash on the 25, between 27 and 28. queue on the clockwise, started at the a10, (j25) so i jumped on the a10, into london, and got on the north circular, which was ok, untill the m11 split, from there, i pretty much crawled round to the a13, and then out of london for tilbury, not much better :cry:
just 1 of those days that we all get, no matter how smart you try and be, it doesn’t always help.
should have took me, just under 4 hours, whitchurch to tilbury, today, it took 7 :unamused:
oh well, off till monday, the big 4 0 for me tomorrow :grimacing: