M1 closed

Suspicious object…

bbc.com/news/uk-england-beds … s-41319085

Odd place to plant a bomb isn’t it?

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Anyone else remember the 90`s and the IRA targeting the road network…It would proper work now with the huge increase in traffic!

Probably something that’s fallen from Paddy McPikey’s dropside, by the looks of it.

att:
Anyone else remember the 90`s and the IRA targeting the road network…It would proper work now with the huge increase in traffic!

Yes, got diverted off the elevated section of the M6 at Birmingham.

att:

always thought this was a “good” in a bad way idea, imagine the chaos if Thelwall and Barton flyovers were dropped at the same time [emoji48]

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk

I remember the chaos that the ‘Staples Corner’ bombing caused.

Similar events now don’t bear thinking about…

ezydriver:
Probably something that’s fallen from Paddy McPikey’s dropside, by the looks of it.

Might be nearer the truth thank you think, just seen on the local news website that the Police says its not explosive, but some sort chemical. A bit of dodgy waste disposal maybe?

a fine example of how to make a health and safety completely ott kicking the ■■■ out of nothing once more.id bet if the told everyone it may explode as they passed it,they would just drive on and take their chance…just another load of jobsworth fannys

i got stuck in that nonsense twice :imp: trying to get from Grange Park to MK,then trying to get back out of MK.
coming back on the M1,going by Rothersthorpe,one artic driver didn’t fancy joining the queue,and was reversing back down the hard shoulder :unamused:

Bit embarrassing this lads as the tub of industrial lube I had on me catwalk has gone missing, came past that spot at about 6.30 this morning. Hope it hasn’t caused any inconvenience.

Good job they don’t close motorways every time they find a bottle full of a suspicious yellow substance

Gat:
Good job they don’t close motorways every time they find a bottle full of a suspicious yellow substance

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: