M1 / M6 closed .... again

Come on people. Stop blocking this junction. It is causing chaos.

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/leic … 294512.stm

Hit a bridge south of J19? How flipping tall was the wagon? Unless he fell asleep and went into the support.

sounds like its hit the bridge support rather than the bridge it self sockpuppet, hope the driver was ok :frowning:

No, lorry driver killed according to report. What’s happening? - seems to be a fatal accident involving a truck somewhere in the Midlands just about every day for the last few weeks.

news.bbc.co.uk/player/nol/newsid … =wm&news=1

According to the video the driver of the lorry was killed.

A horrible junction where most people joining from the M6 think they have a God given right to barge straight on to the M1.

Sockpuppet, you beat me to it , I was going to write a duplicate post title till I saw your post. The m6/m1/a14 junction at rugby is an absolute nightmare. I assume you live fairly local like myself so will be well aware of the regular carnage that takes place here :cry: :cry: Don’t yet know why it happened today ,but the usual idiot car driver who trys to get into the slip road queue and blocks part of a running lane 2 is normally to blame. This results in wagons having to stop dead with no warning causing mayhem :smiling_imp:
I could be wrong and don’t want to offend anyone as a driver is sadly dead and feel for the family , but how many more times is this going to happen at this spot :question: We all know it’s a death trap but it seems to me that the attitude of the authorities to just to sweep up the mess and carry on :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:
If you do a search you will find this discussed before so apologies for repeating myself but it just makes me so angry every time I hear about an accident at this interchange.

Lots of them with weight on come barreling down there at about 70 mph and straight on without a thought .
Cars and vans come hooning down it and all pass you on the inside where lane 1 filters back in .
Always a problem for what I would call dangerous driving that slip .
Royal mail 7.5 tonners are good at hooning on and undertaking as many artics as people or getting blocked up and holding them out in Lane 2 .

:unamused:

Very sad that yet another truck driver is killed.Does anybody know whose lorry is was?

fairly newish Coventry based company

07866 035 062 my phone number

i’ve heard conflicting reports
1 says car transporter involved
the other that the drivers truck jackknifed

the hearsay i cant confirm the driver and company i can

I was “informed” in the coffee room at ASDA Rugby that it was a rigid. This was possibly 20th hand info but seemed from an unreliable source so I will believe it.

Came past it northbound,after they had re-opened it,and it seemed like a rigid to me.

Ken.

I’m sure this post will sound like “utter-old-hat” and drivel.
But, none the less, this has got to be the acknowledged worst & most dangerous junction in the country.
It’s a absolute disgrace that it remains in existence. And if this Govt are as concerned as they make out, about road safety and mortality figures upon our roads, then surely, just a mere FRACTION of the money they reap in from scameras could be invested in resolving this intersection?

Tagoat:
But, none the less, this has got to be the acknowledged worst & most dangerous junction in the country.
It’s a absolute disgrace that it remains in existence. And if this Govt are as concerned as they make out, about road safety and mortality figures upon our roads, then surely, just a mere FRACTION of the money they reap in from scameras could be invested in resolving this intersection?

You can do what you like to the roads but it wont remove driver error.

Tagoat:

OR perhaps into compulsory driver retraining/ongoing assessments :exclamation: :question:

i passed just after it happened it was a scania rigid their was ■■■■ all left of the drivers side & yes their was a car transporter their but it was only a transit single car type the driver was covered up at the side of the bridge.

Sockpuppet:
You can do what you like to the roads but it wont remove driver error.

I take your point sock but if the road was changed you can make it more idiot-proof. Normally, they put in flyovers, underpasses and extra sliproads and remove the ‘stop-start’ element as much as possible.

It wouldn’t stop accidents but maybe reduce the chances of ‘BMW Man’ charging onto the motorway and heading (without looking) for Lane 3 like a ferret with a rocket up its aarse! :unamused:

went past the accident scene today. From the damage to the bridge and where it hit (drivers side as only damage to NS of bridge support) at least it was quick.

glad he was driving a rigid as he hadnt taken his artic licence when i spoke to his boss Wednesday evening at Farthing corner

name not officially released as of tonight

i heard from the rumour monkey that the driver killed went through the windscreen and was hit by something! maybe the car transporter.!!!

Our thoughts are with the drivers family…

hitch:
name not officially released as of tonight

CLICKY

my condolences to his family.

he worked for JanTrans
and used to work in the warehouse for Paul Martin transport
Jan Trans put him thru his test and he was going for the “big 1”