M1 Closed Jon 18 to Jcn 16

I’d Love to meet the Fg idiot who thought it was a good idea to close the M1 tonight 29/9/14 knowing that the normal southbound diversion route A5 is closed all week what a Fg C**T

it may of been a coincidence

I wonder if anyone had a quick look at their map/pratnav and decided to nip down the A428 only to find the low bridge at Althorp.

They’re brilliant at closing obvious alternative routes at the same time, there must be a recognised qualification in this and some of the blighters got an honours.

They did the same with A42/A38 end of last year when they were doing resurfacing after Ashby turn off. No problem with that, work has to be done, but the obvious alternative route - the A38 - was also closed for the exact same periods at Burton, leaving you with no route to get to Brum from the NE. HA are the biggest load of incompetent [zb]wits I’ve ever known. The whole lot should be scrapped along with all their useless staff.

essexandy1963:
I’d Love to meet the Fg idiot who thought it was a good idea to close the M1 tonight 29/9/14 knowing that the normal southbound diversion route A5 is closed all week what a Fg C**T

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: What a bunch of w@P:£"$ and to top it off, the M1 is closed for two more nights

205:

essexandy1963:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: What a bunch of w@P:£"$ and to top it off, the M1 is closed for two more nights

this is what your tom tom 5150 is for
automatically re routes you to suitable roads for 16 foot trailers
when your route is closed for roadworks
no need to look at a map

Great :unamused:

Its getting worse on night’s for road closures, they don’t realise how many you have to go through when going long distance

villa:

205:

essexandy1963:

no need to look at a map

That still does not excuse closing two major routes simultaneously does it. :exclamation:
Common sense out the window on this occasion including tonight and tomorrow :exclamation:
doesnt affect them, so they dont care. :imp:

OTS:
Its getting worse on night’s for road closures, they don’t realise how many you have to go through when going long distance

Screen shot taken at 4.15 this morning!
The mind boggles they just don’t want us to use the road network at night so make things as difficult as possible!

When do you suggest the repair work is done?

At night but not on the Diversion route at the same time makes sense ?

I have to agree the night road works do seam very vast at the moment.
Another night time problem is trying to find somewhere to park to get your 45 min break in.

villa:
no need to look at a map

Blind faith is not a good idea when it comes to truck navigation. There’s a bridge in Swindon near J16 of the M4 which isn’t on the TomTom maps despite me sending them multiple notifications of it.

To be fair though, there’s more missing from my map than my sat nav but neither are 100% reliable.

They never use to shut the whole road at night just down to one lane ,know they shut the whole road of just to pick litter or have miles of cones for nothing.

trux:

villa:

205:

essexandy1963:

no need to look at a map

That still does not excuse closing two major routes simultaneously does it. :exclamation:
Common sense out the window on this occasion including tonight and tomorrow :exclamation:

the M45 after the A45 from Coventry to northampton was shut the same night lol

villa:

trux:

villa:

205:

essexandy1963:

no need to look at a map

the M45 after the A45 from Coventry to northampton was shut the same night lol

M45 joins the M1 at j17 so that was probaly a smart move :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: