m a n trucks

The volvos have dipsticks as well anyway .(not so sure about brand new / my expereience is upto 04)
I never bother with the computer check on the volvo , i always pull the dipstick out on my walk round .

kitkat:

alcraw62:

Rob K:

alcraw62:
PS. Oil level can only be checked when truck is stopped.

:laughing: :unamused: No [zb], Sherlock.

OK smart ■■■, maybe I should have been clearer. The oil can only be checked when the truck is NOT MOVING. The point I was trying to make is that on the MAN TGA with the computer, you CAN check the oil level while the engine is running, unlike a dipstick, obviously. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

I think you better check next time your in your truck Alcraw,coz i can’t check mine with engine running. :wink: :confused:

Waited until today to reply, so I can be sure!! You definitely CAN check the oil level on the computer while the engine is running. That was on a MAN TGA 26.430 by the way.

Al.

alcraw62:

kitkat:

alcraw62:

Rob K:

alcraw62:
PS. Oil level can only be checked when truck is stopped.

:laughing: :unamused: No [zb], Sherlock.

OK smart ■■■, maybe I should have been clearer. The oil can only be checked when the truck is NOT MOVING. The point I was trying to make is that on the MAN TGA with the computer, you CAN check the oil level while the engine is running, unlike a dipstick, obviously. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

I think you better check next time your in your truck Alcraw,coz i can’t check mine with engine running. :wink: :confused:

Waited until today to reply, so I can be sure!! You definitely CAN check the oil level on the computer while the engine is running. That was on a MAN TGA 26.430 by the way.

Al.

Weather you can or can’t unless the reading is saved from before engine start it’s not likely to be anything like accurate.

Do you get the same reading after the engine start as before ?.

welshlad:
How do you check the oil and water on the man tga trucks. i have been told they are checked on the dash!!!

on the dashbord have you left and right of steerlingwheel on each side two buton.(not the Jenson)
the right two you need.
the left you press brings you into the Menue,then scroll with the right to Engine,or so,till you arrive by Engineoil.
long time ago i did it last,but with the two buton will you do it,exept you don’t have the Electronic option :laughing:
in that Case will you find oilcontrolstick under frontgrill

TBH checking the oil is never that acurate which ever method you use.

I mean to get a true acurate reading off a dipstick you need to have the vehicle perfectly level and idealy left it over night with the engine off for the oil to drain down.

I know in the Iveco’s it gives an oil level with the engine running, i’ve always wondered how it does it.

I know some Peugeot cars have an oil level gauge, you have to have the engine running to check it! :confused:

tachograph:
Do you get the same reading after the engine start as before ?.

Yes, you do get the same reading… Was wondering myself how it works, as you suggested, it probably stores the info from before start up.

Al.