Working at Heinz Wigan today a few questions

My first shift in there today. I know the site etc. I know they run the new MAN’s can anyone point me in the direction of where to find dipstick to check oil and any other bits i may need to know. Will be leaving at 13.00 so any advice would be welcome.

no dipstick, just the electronics on the steering wheel,

press display, select option, check oil.

if they are the new MAN’s then the oil is checked on the dash, there are a few buttons on the steering wheel that you press and it will tell you how much oil is in there and when you start what the pressure is. (thats what it is in most of the new ones i have driven anyway)

im pretty sure the dipstick sits behind the wheel :laughing: seriously though, i think you need to tilt the cab to find the dipstick properly and to put oil in, i may be wrong though…

Ta i got 10 years experience but mostly on Volvos had nothing off agency for 2 weeks just a bit anxious to make a good impression.

LASHHGV:
‘…can anyone point me in the direction of where to find dipstick to check oil and any other bits i may need to know…’

Further to it being via the cab 'puter, surely such a site has a transport clerk to point you toward their training dude/gash colleague in the yard/VMU guys, etc, etc?

Maybe either the place needs a kicking if they’re that unapproachable or walking away from if you’re being despatched from a ghost town?

LASHHGV:
‘…a bit anxious to make a good impression…’

Perhaps asking them a question might break the ice?

mmmmmmmmmm… I drive a 58 plate MAN and , whilst the above relpy’s checking the oil level via the steering wheel and dash are correct , there IS a dipstick to manually check . I do this every monday and then use the electronic method till friday (for my own piece of mind :stuck_out_tongue: ).
Pull the grill and you will see it on your right hand side (at about 3 o clock on a clock face) It has either a green or blue plastic end on it.

you dont even need to tilt the cab :grimacing:

I drive an 08 plate and there ain’t a dipstick that is easy to get at to check manually.The dip stick is half way under the engine and can only be accessed by tilting cab.To check oil via sterring wheel controls this is what you do.As you look at steering wheel on the left side you will see a button that has a picture of a wee book { bottom button },press that and on the dash it will give you a list,it will say tractor unit hit the button that says ok,this will move to another list,using the up/down arrow buttons scroll down to engine oil then press ok.on the dash a bar will appear and in the middle of the bar it should say ok.If it doesn’t it will show the level off oil that is left and you will need to top up.Please keep in mind if you take over the unit straight after another driver you won’t get a proper reading,let it settle for half hour if this is poss.Also you can re-set the driving hours to zero,follow same system as above,instead of hitting on engine oil hit on driving hours and it will ask you if you wish to reset driving hours,scroll down to yes and hit the ok button on the steering wheel.To check coolant level you need to pop the grill,the release catch sits just below the light switch on your right hand side.Also if you need to top up with oil you do this by popping front grill and you will see the red lid just remove this and put in what is required.remembering to put lid back on.the windscreen water is done in the same area,it’s the one with the little blue lid on your left hand side,coolant lid is the green one.( you need bloody big hands and plenty of muscle)

i hope you had a good shift at the wast of spaces at the top of fourmarts rd (heinz) the frim i usto work for did some out of there a bit back they treaded us like crape and they treaded there own drivers the same i bet you dont go back :question:

Heinz or Wincanton?

thanksfor all the info I’m driving for wincanton at Heinz. I been treated quite well had to figure out some stuff for myself. I been to Bookers Haydock and now 11 hours into my shift I’m waiting for my paperwork at Asda Lutterworth.

I got banned from there once…sod em… :laughing: :laughing: