2007 man tga questions

Hi been allocated my 1st ever tractor unit :smiley:
It’s a bit weathered but it’s tidy in general and as a newbie to class 1 its not a bad start.

I’m going to use thread as to post questions I have about it over the coming weeks.

How do I check the oil as I had a quick look yesterday and couldn’t see a dip stick in an obvious location is it via dash or is there a physical place to check.

In the cab I have 5 power sockets, 2 hella clearly marked 12/24 v but 3 normal sockets not marked, 1 by radio and 2 in passenger footwell, what voltage are these.

It has a Anderson socket fitted on to the catwalk and a extender in the side locker, does provide more power to cab for an Invertor or something?

Just the 1st few questions I’m ill have more once I start using it.

1. On the dash. There’s a real dipstick if you jack up the cab.

2. You’ll need to get a multimeter out and test them.

3. It was to provide power to a trailer for a tail-lift. Nothing at all to stop you using it for an inverter or Microwave or whatever if you wanted though.

To lift up front grille look under r/h of steering wheel should be a pull down leaver then grab grille in middle squeeze and it should come up
sockets 1 by radio is 12v my tgm is switched the hella’s are live all time don’t know about others
as for Anderson is it in passengers side locker ? lift up bunk and there’s a hatch into it :wink:

only the hella 12/24v are standard fit so as conor said check the others befor you plug anything in

just a guide for you re the oil, the difference between the computer reading the oil level as very low and as high is roughly 6 litres

Get one of these to test volts

ebay.co.uk/itm/360650995916? … EBIDX%3AIT

And this is a hella plug

maplin.co.uk/p/hella-to-12v- … cket-a95gw

I’ve never been in a TGA, but you should be able to check the volts and oil level through the monitoring data bit of the dash menu. If you’re not happy, bang it through the garage. I’m sure they’d rather show you what to do than fix the aftermath of what happens if you don’t.

I started with a really old TGL 7.5 and the bonnet release was in the usual place, then I got another, and it wasn’t, turned out our cheaper later trucks didn’t even have locks on them. Got a bit of a kicking when they noticed how long I’d had it (well it was pre-hgv days) [emoji15]

If it has buttons on steering wheel use ones on left hand side or there are some on buttons on dash behind steering wheel. Not very helpful but I can do it sat in drivers seat.
The oil level is measured once when the ignition is switched on.
(The oil level is not measured whilst the engine is running.)

The engine needs to of been not running for a reasonable amount of time

before a reading is taken.
Reasonable time depends on oil temperature.

OIL TEMP in ° c / Time in minutes.
-40 180
0 90
+20 45
+50 5
+80 4
+110 3
Note, the engine oil level falls when the rear axel is lowered

and rises when the rear axel is raised.

Switch on ignition.

Call up and check the oil level on the drivers display using the,

“operating data /engine data /oil level” menu.
Correct oil as necessary.

Couple more questions:
I’ve got an air duster, do I just cut into the line under seat and attach a t connector??

What’s the t shaped arm/bracket on the wall behind the drivers seat■■?

Thanks

Air line, yes, just tap into that.

Bracket, if it’s the same as on my TGX, is to hold up the bottom bunk (I only found this out when some 20+ stone agency guy went out in my motor one day and was late back for me getting into it)

He needed the seat tilting back further than the bunk would allow

I just used to use it for tucking my curtain into to stop that bloody annoying ■■■■■ of light entering my cab and annoying the breasts off me

Has anyone modified this bracket into a shelf or wall bracket for tv. ■■?

red7jase:
Has anyone modified this bracket into a shelf or wall bracket for tv. ■■?

Kuda used to sell them , shelf for a tv or microwave