M.a.n after service

mates not had fan working in his newish [5 months old] truck since new, yesterday it goes in to be fixed , comes out 8hrs later with fan still not working as wrong bits ordered ,told now having to wait for more[ maybee right] bits from germany .rang me last night in not the best of moods as heater after being taken apart is now stuck on full heat so hes sweating his zb off :laughing: :laughing: .
in my opinion m.a.n after service seems a bit dodgy ,has it always been or is it the amount there selling[ new ones everywhere] and they cant keep up with the repairs etc.

There just ■■■■■■■■

The fan heater has brroken a coule of times in my one as well.

Boss was getting quotes from M.A.N. before he settled on the actros , i told him blank , buy a M.A.N. get a new driver !(probably a hollow threat but got to let him know lol)
EVERY one i have been in the build qualty is terrible(hires/tescos and one of the hire one si had had delivery millage only and had the drivers door card OFF !) , i cant understand how they have went so wrong the old Roadhaust was a solid brick , this new TGA is a poor copy!

How do u like your Actros…FallMK■■?

Considering i have not driven a new actros and seen them on m-way , they look like they pull well on the flat and run for it .
But in typical fashion lose pace on the hills if they have weight on .
Obviously all loaded trucks lose pace but considering the engine size that is matched with mine and running at 43500 or so i find myself pulling out to overtake (■■■■■) on hills . Not many trucks can pull as well as volvo on a hill in my honest opinion .
I’m a VOLVO ■■■■■ :laughing: :laughing:

Yellow streak :laughing: :laughing:
Ask Jonboy :wink:

paul@midway:
Considering i have not driven a new actros and seen them on m-way , they look like they pull well on the flat and run for it .
But in typical fashion lose pace on the hills if they have weight on .
Obviously all loaded trucks lose pace but considering the engine size that is matched with mine and running at 43500 or so i find myself pulling out to overtake (■■■■■) on hills . Not many trucks can pull as well as volvo on a hill in my honest opinion .
I’m a VOLVO ■■■■■ :laughing: :laughing:

Yellow streak :laughing: :laughing:
Ask Jonboy :wink:

Spot on mate !
great truck well put together ,and the gearbox is idiot prove! but like you sayed lose’s pace, well the V6’s do anyway , never had the pleasure of driving a V8 merc, the new actros(MP2) is a huge improvement on the 1st version of the actross ,very driver friendly ,a lot more locker space /access to outer lockers from inside cab etc , aircon /menu/stereo controls on steering wheel , to be honest the only thing i miss from the old merc was the sunroof! on the old one it was a tilt/slide the new one is only tilt ! so u cant let the sun in ■■? very weird :confused:

got to agree on the actros improvements. the new model has seriously embarrassed the old one. the axor is the same. far superior over its predecessor especially with the manual gearbox and the positioning of the window switches. no more fumbling around on the dashboard trying to find the ■■■■ thing :imp:

as for volvos, look at the country of origin. im no expert on the continent (quite the contrary) however, i would hazard a guess that sweden has a lot more uphill miles than germany :confused:

I don’t mind the MAN TGA, but I wouldn’t choose one over my Actros.

Our local MAN dealer is certainly more helpful than our local M-B dealer.

As far as my opinion on the performance of the Actros goes, I’ve always thought they were fine.

In my humble opinion, with the 2nd generation Actros, Mercedes got it so right.

I’ve just done the M-B Actros driver development course at Wentworth Park near Barnsley. I have yet to put my new skills into practice on my own truck. But if it these new techniques work as well on mine as they did in the instruction vehicle I’ve been using this week, I don’t think any Volvos will be passing me! :laughing:

flying_fenman:
I don’t mind the MAN TGA, but I wouldn’t choose one over my Actros.

i would IF it is a manual 16 speed and even then it would be close. the megaspace i had a few weeks ago put the actros 2nd on my list of favourites

flying_fenman:
I’ve just done the M-B Actros driver development course at Wentworth Park near Barnsley. I have yet to put my new skills into practice on my own truck. But if it these new techniques work as well on mine as they did in the instruction vehicle I’ve been using this week, I don’t think any Volvos will be passing me! :laughing:

Any tips for us Fenman?

gardun:
Any tips for us Fenman?

Yes mate, loads. I’m going to try and do a sort of diary on it when I get a chance. Hopefully it might be of interest to others?
What I learned was only relevant to the Actros and cannot necessarily be applied to the Axor - they have totally different engines.

One of the (very many) interesting things I did discover was that, on all Actros variants, maximum torque is served at 1080rpm. Maximum power is at 1800rpm. The interesting thing being that you only lose around 100-200Nm of torque (depending on the variant) when you are at maximum power.

When you have a nasty, ■■■■ off hill to climb - get those revs up early and you should steam up.

But whatever you do, don’t ever rev an Actros over 1800rpm when you need power, because the torque available will have dropped off very severely.

Braking however is a whole different story!! I’ll put all that in the diary. :sunglasses:

flying_fenman:

gardun:
Any tips for us Fenman?

Yes mate, loads. I’m going to try and do a sort of diary on it when I get a chance. Hopefully it might be of interest to others?
What I learned was only relevant to the Actros and cannot necessarily be applied to the Axor - they have totally different engines.

One of the (very many) interesting things I did discover was that, on all Actros variants, maximum torque is served at 1080rpm. Maximum power is at 1800rpm. The interesting thing being that you only lose around 100-200Nm of torque (depending on the variant) when you are at maximum power.

When you have a nasty, [zb] off hill to climb - get those revs up early and you should steam up.

But whatever you do, don’t ever rev an Actros over 1800rpm when you need power, because the torque available will have dropped off very severely.

Braking however is a whole different story!! I’ll put all that in the diary. :sunglasses:

Look forward to this diary ! , am having a bit of a hard time with boss over fuel bonus , he wants me to get 8-9-10 mpg (for a £ bonus) while doing “urban” work , so all tips would be welcome !