Got Monday off thanks to Volvo grrr

I dropped my truck in for service on Thursday night (as I had an appointment with the income tax on Friday :cry: ).

I get my job for Monday over the phone,a nice easy curtainsider :open_mouth: :laughing: , and am told that the trailer I had on must be back at the dock by Saturday.No problem I says :unamused:

Friday night I get a phone call from the fitter who is working on my truck.They have at long last got the software download for a fault I’ve had since the day I picked it up (11 months) .

The upgrade is in 2 stages first the engine ECU is upgraded the the gearbox ECU.
When they tried to do the engine ECU it just wiped all the info off of it,so it wont even run now.

They are getting a new ECU from Gent but wont arrive until Monday am (but should be pre-loaded with the new software) the we have to hope that the gearbox ECU dosn’t spit it’s dummy out.

The service manager is trying to get a cancellation at the local test station on Monday as well,otherwise they want the motor for 3 days to MOT it

Can you change dealers, it seems like they are a bit like that circus comedian.

Just had mine in for some warranty work and a gearbox upgrade, it took 2 hours max :unamused:

Wheel Nut:
Just had mine in for some warranty work and a gearbox upgrade, it took 2 hours max :unamused:

You probably had the upgrade that stops it having “no gears” after you have stopped and then restarted.
I had that one about 6 weeks ago & there was no problem with it.

I dont think this is down to the dealer but more to do with the software provided by Volvo themselves.

You back at work yet you lazy sod? and what didn’t they do this time?