Gearbox problem any suggestions - SORTED!

Thanks to you all for your suggestions to my post about my gearbox. Particular thanks to bazstan009 who unfortunately had the same problem. Yeah bazstan you were right, I checked underneath on Sunday, one of the two air valve attachments to the main unit (the one that operates the splitter) was not working. Air went to it fine (I took the air feed off to see if it was pushing air through) but the valve was obviously knackered! Hitting it didn’t seem to work either… It’s a Wabco unit (as you’ll know from your experience) and you can’t buy the two small air valves that are attached to it seperately so new unit arriving tomorrow (Tuesday) morning, cheaper than I remembered, £440.

I suppose it was just one of those things and a coinsidence that it went when someone else had driven it… but I still don’t like anyone else driving the truck, I’ve personally done over 800,000 kms with her and I know she’s settled to my ways of driving. When I take holidays I park her up despite the plentiful offers from drivers.

Cheers.

Glad you’ve traced the fault, but just wondering why there are 3 threads on the same topic?