And so it always will be

Every time I get a Scania I always think ‘This time I’ll crack it’ - not like every single other time over the years, artic or rigid. But sadly again today, umpteen gear fluffs and grinds. Tomorrow I’ll be in a Volvo or a Daf, or Merc and it’ll be fun driving again. Trouble is, I’ve got the return journey now. :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

sorry it seems as though im in the minority i quite like the scania and never have any trouble with the gearbox.

Scanias are the vehicle i use 8 times out of 10
never seem tohave a problem with the gearbox, even with the different gear configurations.
S`pose as an agy driver, I get to drive something different daily, so my mind tends to switch when I jump into a different vehicle to that setup

No it’s me, most people I talk to have no real problems. I think the main issue is with the 6 speed 3/3 which when you are used to 4/4 or 4 across 4 (axor) will lead to the odd ‘oops there isn’t one there’ but that can happen with Volvo 3/3 although the L configuration is inverted to the Scania. If you get the Volvo after the Scania then there can be even more of that confusion. The big issue today though was dropping down from 6 to 4 ready for roundabouts. Every time I tried this with an appropriate rev drop it graunched like I was pushing it right over into crawl which I’m careful not to do. I gave up on this and when and tried 6 - 5 - 4, better but still some protest needing force to get it in. Interestingly I let the revs drop below 4th gear and it was easy but pointless as it was too low. This is worlds away from other gearboxes that basically let you have the gear you want so you just run or block up and down all day. :confused: