breakdowns

well currently broken down with my range change not playing ball, went to scania at lewes but they weren’t able to do anything so had to limp it to heathrow, now been told that it will be all day tomorrow getting it fixed and thats if they don’t get any problems when they strip it out, so looks like its going to be a very late home tomorrow or might not be till saturday lovely on a bank holiday weekend just what i needed :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

well after spending 16 hrs at scania heathrow had to get lift home with one of our other drivers as no guarentee that mine would be fixed before the weekend and i ain’t spending the bank holiday weekend at heathrow for no one :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Enough reason not to own a Scania I reckon. That is ridiculous

I used to drive one here in Oz, and the splitter wouldn’t drop back to low on a winter morning until it had done about 60 miles. It was supposedly fixed, but it made no difference. The range change was alright though, but it would never go cleanly in to 2nd / 5th etc, no matter what I did. I just think Scania can’t make a decent gearbox. Bring back the road ranger.

I had an 8 legged rel like that it was a bolt on the gear linkage that was loose kept reporting it but fitter used to sit in wagon and and say well I can get a gear without crunching until an old timer took it out them reported it a faulty

I am here: maps.google.com/maps?ll=53.561006,-1.431443

peterm:
I used to drive one here in Oz, and the splitter wouldn’t drop back to low on a winter morning until it had done about 60 miles. It was supposedly fixed, but it made no difference. The range change was alright though, but it would never go cleanly in to 2nd / 5th etc, no matter what I did. I just think Scania can’t make a decent gearbox. Bring back the road ranger.

I had a problem with the splitter on my scania, when climbing long drags it wouldn’t drop back into low or it would default into high as I went through neutral. It took months to sort out as every time I went to the garage the bloody thing worked perfectly :smiling_imp: I had already had a new valve fitted last year so we knew that wasn’t the problem so we then changed the oil in the gearbox as the problem only occured when it was hot, still no different :question: As the problem was getting worse the fitter worked his way through all the electrical connections Bingo!!! as he worked the connection on the top of the box the splitter changed on its own. It was a fault in the plug onto the valve. RESULT at last. It could have been an expensive job but in the end it was a £20 plug. Ps the fitter was as demented as I was trying to find out the answer.

I’ve driven several Scanias of various series’, age and size that’ve intermittently refused to go into low range for no apparent reason. It definately seems to be an extra feature that comes as a no-cost delete-only option on the spec sheet… :neutral_face:

well the sarga continues, its now tuesday rang scania at heathrow while i was still in devon at 6.45 this morning, to ask that important question “hi you have my truck there reg blah blah blah can you tell me if it is ready to be picked up?” the answer came back already !! “ok i will get a lift up see you later” yeah no probs see you when you get here. needless to say travelled up here only to find my truck still in bit’s new part that arrived sat was damaged so had to order one from sweden as non other in u.k. now stuck up here waiting to see what is going to be sorted can feel a night in a hotel coming up :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Give the hotel bill to the garage after all they told you to travel :sunglasses:

it gets worse now got to sleep in my cab in the workshop thats operating 24hrs!!! wtf. told parts due in tomorrow afternoon but truck probably wont be ready till thursday, oh the life of a tramper miles from home :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Bypass the neutral switch, 2 minutes job sorted :wink:

off to the pub then!

billybigrig:
Bypass the neutral switch, 2 minutes job sorted :wink:

no good something broke in the range change got a new one coming

crikey they sound like a quality outfit. :open_mouth:

wrecktech100:

scania main dealer always quality(not) they will take your money every month for the r&m then give ■■■■ all when it all goes ■■■■ up :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

wildfire:

wrecktech100:

scania main dealer always quality(not) they will take your money every month for the r&m then give [zb] all when it all goes ■■■■ up :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

I once asked scania southampton if I could use their airline to check a tyre I had been having a problem with,(it had been leaking slightly around the rim after a new tyre was fitted), the reply was, It will have to be taken off and put in a cage, H&S rules :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: My reply was H&S off!!! When they finished the job I was paying through the nose for I took the motor next door to the Merc dealers. I told them the tale and they were very happy to help. regards kevmac47

well its 15.45 on wednesday and my range change has just turned up so hopefully will be back on the road later tonight, can’t wait going mad

well the enjoyment was short lived, left heathrow at 21.50 pulled in to leigh delamare for fuel to find my retarder sprayed all its oil over my cat walk and tanks, going to be another day in scania tomorrow, getting totally fed up with this now :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: