Nice Surprise from Scania

Broke down today.Called Scania.Fitter arrived as promised within the hour. Even got a call from the mechanic to say he would be there in 20 mins.
First thing he does when he arrives is hand me thisScania branded washbag. Inside was a bottle of water (with a Scania label)
Bar of chocolate (Not a Yorkie but would have been a nice touch) a Scania pen, and a packet of fresh wipes. Not forgetting a feedback questionaire

Thought that was a nice gesture. And the fitter was a rather nice chap .Not your usuall grumpy fitter muttering under his breath that he aint had his tea break and its 11Am lol

Anyone else been get one of these?

I haven’t had to call scania for a few years so maybe this is the norm

I’ve had one of those myself. The fitter had to ■■■■■■ me past the VOSA site @ Sandbach to their site in Stoke for a repair but followed me to my final two drops around Middlewich first so that I still hit the delivery windows :open_mouth: I was not expecting that!

I was with Wisemans at the time who buy hundreds of Scania rigids, so I suppose thats what they do to keep their big customers happy.

someone the other month on here had a MAN cool bag

nick2008:

More tepid than cool.

Suedehead:

nick2008:

More tepid than cool.

as long as it weren’t a man bag it were cool :wink:

I can remember many years ago breaking down twice in the 1 day and after sitting a total of 9 hours with 3 fitters having been and not 1 fixing iy properly I finally blew my top. Phoned boss and told him were to stick his effin lorry. Shortly after that phone call some guy from Volvo uk phoned me with the promise of a new jacket and 1 of their display models for my son. Sure enuf next day a car drops a parcel at my house with said jacket, model truck and loads of Volvo branded goodies. Son was well impressed that day.

the fub:
I can remember many years ago breaking down twice in the 1 day and after sitting a total of 9 hours with 3 fitters having been and not 1 fixing iy properly I finally blew my top. Phoned boss and told him were to stick his effin lorry. Shortly after that phone call some guy from Volvo uk phoned me with the promise of a new jacket and 1 of their display models for my son. Sure enuf next day a car drops a parcel at my house with said jacket, model truck and loads of Volvo branded goodies. Son was well impressed that day.

Did you keep your job?

" we pay a competitive £8.50 an hour, and you will be driving a Scania"

Any anoracks , Eddie spotters. Want it for a fiver ? But i have ate the chocolate sorry

ND888 BIGJ:
Any anoracks , Eddie spotters. Want it for a fiver ? But i have ate the chocolate sorry

keep it with you as it would make a handy portable bog if ( perish the thought) you ever have to take an unplanned night out.it would me soooooooo upmarket slinging that out the door into the bushes instead of a lidl bag … :slight_smile:

I always understood Scania`s where such great ■■? motors they never ever !!! went wrong ■■?.

Never had a gift like that but a while back I did use the power of twitter to get two new batteries out of Volvo on warranty! Amazing the results you can get with a few well aimed tweets

the fub:

I’ve had a few hold ups with breakdowns way back when, but as long as I was getting paid it never crossed my mind to tell the boss to jam it.

ND888 BIGJ:
Broke down today.Called Scania.Fitter arrived as promised within the hour. Even got a call from the mechanic to say he would be there in 20 mins.
First thing he does when he arrives is hand me thisScania branded washbag. Inside was a bottle of water (with a Scania label)
Bar of chocolate (Not a Yorkie but would have been a nice touch) a Scania pen, and a packet of fresh wipes. Not forgetting a feedback questionaire

Thought that was a nice gesture. And the fitter was a rather nice chap .Not your usuall grumpy fitter muttering under his breath that he aint had his tea break and its 11Am lol

A breakdown? Yeah, had loads.

Looks like i am gonna have a spare wash bag. Broken down again.I was only singing the praises of Scania reliability just the other day .lol

Collect 12 washbags, and you can trade them in for a new lorry!

ND888 BIGJ:

I haven’t had to call scania for a few years so maybe this is the norm

■■■■ I wish I had my Friday scania back, A 60 plate 440 that needed its own personal fitter as it broke down so often. Never got 1 single goody bag out off them. Do you think a broken Microwave warrants a call out :wink:

Can`t wait to break down , do they do pants [ size med] been away for 6 days and getting a bit short.

All fixed this time (i hope) Gaffer going mental.
Faulty filter housing. Low pressure valve sticking. Apparently a common fault.

Well you can never have to many washbags can you?

It will have been Bking, after all he is such a people person.