Bye bye truck....

A sad day for me, my lovely actros is being sent to up to the Sydney depot for good.
Now I’ve got no fixed truck!

:cry:

Its allright beattun,
I see a classic N series Volvo in the corner ,reckon its got your name on it?
:laughing:

boots:
Its allright beattun,
I see a classic N series Volvo in the corner ,reckon its got your name on it?
:laughing:

classics a good name for it alright…

theyre brining a knackered actros back from sydney for trade in, so something might come of it, even if i dont get a new banger (very unlikely), i might get a half decent handmedown when someone else gets a new one.

really would prefer a european truck to a bonnetted one though

all i know is im driving kenworth T800 daycab on monday while someones on leave

Will keep an eye out for an Irishman getting upset behind the wheel of a Murpheys truck :laughing:
Hey beattun,do you run into Coles RDC Altona?
Boots

boots:
Will keep an eye out for an Irishman getting upset behind the wheel of a Murpheys truck :laughing:
Hey beattun,do you run into Coles RDC Altona?
Boots

yeah boots, frequently, sometimes once a day, some days up to 3 times

Erm sorry…did you say “lovely” Actros? :open_mouth:

another crap truck rolls outa Stuttgart

it a recycled uboat get over it there are better truck out there things can only get better now

brian

once the moneys in the bank on friday…
dont worry what you are driving.
you got back ok then…when are you home again?

greg50:
brian

true enough greg, my only requirement is air conditioning, the 30 - 40 + degree days are pretty much unbearable without it, now before you old blokes start harping on “back in my day we didnt have air conditioning”, its 2008! us younger generation are softer!

plus ive done my time in the crappy trucks, hence being given a good one last year

i got back fine thanks greg, startin back at work tomorrow (monday), dont know when ill be home again to be honest, hopefully not too soon

beattun:

greg50:
brian

true enough greg, my only requirement is air conditioning, the 30 - 40 + degree days are pretty much unbearable without it, now before you old blokes start harping on “back in my day we didnt have air conditioning”, its 2008! us younger generation are softer!

plus ive done my time in the crappy trucks, hence being given a good one last year

i got back fine thanks greg, startin back at work tomorrow (monday), dont know when ill be home again to be honest, hopefully not too soon

whats dya mean old blokes.
wait till i meet ya
:laughing: :laughing:
i remember the days down in rome area and naples.
we used to do the henkel work to frosinone.
you could see the haze in the horizon from the heat.
i remember taking 4 and 5 showers a day just to get cold water onto me.
george was with me as well a lot,as we did the same work.
then down to naples or salerno to backload.
it got warmer as you went south.
and i miss doing this to this day.
came back ted…all is forgiven.

your in no hurry back,is it too cold?
i cant blame you on that one.

2008■■?

Erm…oops! :laughing:

Nothing wrong with a T800, good and solid with a huge radiator to help with the aircon.

bobthedog:
2008■■?

Erm…oops! :laughing:

Nothing wrong with a T800, good and solid with a huge radiator to help with the aircon.

always takes me at least a month into a new year to start writing the correct year :open_mouth:

the T800 is probably a good truck alright, i havent taken one out but ive moved one around the yard a few times, just some of the places i get sent, you just barely scrape it in with the actros, ah well, ill just stop complaining!