Lucy on TV re: Real Story

Just recieved this note from the BBC…

News Watch:
I’m just putting it together now and although I’ve had to
shorten it a bit, Lucy’s contribution is very strong!

NewsWatch goes out tonight at 2045 on News 24 and again at 0745 on
Breakfast on BBC Two tomorrow (that’s the one that gets the big
audience!).

There’ll also be a written version on the website later today. The
programme will stay up on the site for a week, but I’ll see if I can
send you a direct link to the video next week.

A Link to the write up of the discussion on the BBC website
BBC NEWSWATCH

A well done to Lucy I think, but I notice that sod still got the last word about how it isn’t very serious for a car driver to fall asleep.
It is if he hits a 44 tonne truck or a line of schoolkids!!

Salut, David.

I noticed that as well. Well done Lucy :smiley:

June 2003 — the Tank Transporter incident.

I think five people were killed?

Caused by a car driver cutting up the tank transporter?

The BBC man is right insofar as an HGV incident can be severe. But perhaps wrong to imply the cause is this sleep thing (or that the HGV drivers are predominantly at fault).

But, in proportion to all accidents, HGV accidents are less frequent?

The insurance premium for an HGV is probably less than a youngster in a hot hatch — why’s that?

Perhaps they should ask for comment from some of the motor bodies — Thatcham. MIRA, Millbrook etc?

The guys clearly on the defensive.

Perhaps “Points of View” will get a higher audience — maybe we should all write and complain?

I’ll be interested to see how it comes across on the actual programme - I know I got the last word when they did the interview! :wink:

It ran over the alloted time, so I’ll also be interested to see what they chose to cut in the end…time will tell. :confused:

Just working on the photos on the website, I’m also glad to see that the Producer bloke looks just as much like an drunken escaped convict with a huge double chin as I do, so the camera obviously does lie. :stuck_out_tongue: :sunglasses: :open_mouth:

Spardo:
A well done to Lucy I think, but I notice that sod still got the last word about how it isn’t very serious for a car driver to fall asleep.
It is if he hits a 44 tonne truck or a line of schoolkids!!

Salut, David.

Ps. I did actually say that… But then I suspect I’ll be making the same plea about a lot of things when I see the cut version! :unamused:

"The result comes about because it’s looking at a group who do have a predisposition to be overweight, to have a large collar size and be of a bulky build and they are more prone than the rest of the population to suffer from sleep apnoea

this guys an eeedjit

i,m orf to kip, i,m knackered.

He looks a little chubby and hasn’t done his collar up! Lock him up and throw away the key!

Don’t know of his credentials to discuss sleep apnoea —perhaps a documentary on alopecia is more up his alley?

Good stuff Lucy, just watched the report, Looks like you got the last word and a very well made last point. :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Excellent piece Lucy just watched it!! You got the last word and ‘don’t look one bit bulky!!’ :laughing:

well done Luce at and you got the last word in :smiley:

how nervous where you

one up to Trucknet

and one over on the unions rha and fta

smcaul:
Good stuff Lucy, just watched the report,:

I knew there was something I was supposed to be doing :blush: :blush: :blush:

Well done Lucy. Some good comeback there :exclamation:

You looked a bit nervous …

Once I get Lucy out from under the settee where she hid from the showing of the clip… she will probably post for herself.

Firstly I must say how immensley proud of her I am, I know how scared she was going into the studio, and she done a fantastic job in defending the industry aginst this sort of journalism.

A lot of what was cut is on the written version on the BBC website… mostly facts and figures Lucy disputed with the guy.

What more can I say except that hopefully the FTA, RHA, URTU and T&GWU were watching… THATS HOW TO DEFEND TRUCK DRIVERS AGAINST BIASED UNFAIR SENSATIONALIST PROGRAMMES :smiley:

Ditto the above. well done indeed,specia;;y the point about cars hitting HGV.s.
it isnt always the HGVs fault.

Denis F:

smcaul:
Good stuff Lucy, just watched the report,:

I knew there was something I was supposed to be doing :blush: :blush: :blush:

Oh well you can get up early tomorrow and watch it on BBC2 :wink:

Or go to
news.bbc.co.uk/newswatch/ukfs/hi/default.stm#

and click on the watch now link on the right hand side :open_mouth: :smiley: :smiley:

Well done Girl,you did us proud. :smiley:

Ken.