Lucy on TV re: Real Story

Well done got the points across brilliantly and got the last word.

Isn’t very serious if a car driver falls asleep ■■ Really ■■

Selby

Enough said…

G

Just watched the clip. well done Lucy. You managed to put your points over really well and got the last word. :smiley:.

I’ve already congratulated Lucy elsewhere, and agree, she did a fine job.

What particularly struck me was the interviewers continued use of the word “Truckers”, which after all, is an Americanisation. Is this further evidence of the ‘dumbing down’ of the BBC. No mention of ‘lorry drivers’ or ‘haulage drivers’. After all, when I was ‘dragged up’, I was taught to ‘speak proper’ in a ‘Brummigen’ type of way. Should I complain?

Red Lorry, Yellow Lorry…Red Lorry, Yellow Lorry…

Nobby and Willi are taking over the world!
:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Gazzareth:
Isn’t very serious if a car driver falls asleep ■■ Really ■■

Selby

Enough said…

G

Hell. I’d forgotten about that. Pity you didn’t post it yesterday. :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

well done Lucy

Well Done, I think you got your points accross very well, and made the guy look like the idiot that he is !!

Good piece Lucy well done just who does that berk think he is

you came across really well in my humble opinion, and he’s on the back foot

Some good points very well made. Made the girlfriend see the original program in a different light. Very well done Lucy!!!

Prime minister next perhaps :laughing: :laughing:

Just noticed the link for TruckNet on the BBC website piece above…About time too :wink:

kalm2kaos:
Just noticed the link for TruckNet on the BBC website piece above…About time too :wink:

Does this mean we will have to be on our best behaviour if we are going to be having BBC types popping in? :wink: :smiley:

well done lucy.

Cheers folks…What can I say… I tried… :blush: :blush: :blush:

Off into hiding now… :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

neither time slots suit me :frowning:

i was on the M3 when tonights was on and im gonna be on the A34 at that time tomorrow morning :cry:

who says we work unsociable hours? :laughing:

well done Lucy :wink:

You can watch it on the BBC site from the link posted earlier scanny. Works in Real Player or WMP

i didnt realise i could actually watch it. i just read it. from the text version, im sure a lot of Lucys comments were cut. she has never come across as the quiet type and 2% of the debate just doesnt sound right :laughing:

come on BBC, where is the entire debate, not the carefully edited version? :smiling_imp:

About 47% is on the text version, another 47% on the tv bit, and the rest (very little) got cut.

Add my vote to the thumbs up brigade Lucy. Well spoken for all of us. :angry: Geoff

Just a reminder to anyone that missed the programme last night… and who hasn’t seen it on-line.

It is due to be reshown at 7.45 this morning on BBC2 :wink:

the weight thing - many of the drivers where I work out of in the main are ex forces and relatively fit and slim, or just scrawny.

us lardy boys are a minority of less than 10% I’d say.