Real story on bbc1 now

you watching it?

about the guys in dover pulling over dodgey trucks coming over to here.

any chance of any one posting it here

for tose who can not get UK TV

Just watched it personally think it was a lil unfair on forgein trucks as not 1 english one was not pulled over.

click here:

click the “video” - latest programe bit.

although i’d give it a day cos it’s still playing last weeks programe at the moment.

bit you’ll still find a link there to this weeks LGV story and a short video.

206 trucks pulled over in 1 day, 77 of them unsafe :open_mouth:

acceptme:
Just watched it personally think it was a lil unfair on forgein trucks as not 1 english one was not pulled over.

looks like they got their hands full as it is with the foreign ones.

ye but why didnt they also show some english lorries becuase we all know that they arnt exactly angels either.

Thanks steveo_uk THANK YOU VERY MUCH

i will have a look and see how good it is,

what a shock

I.think arriving in dover nowadays its difficult to find a british truck problely 2 out of 10 ten ten arrivals are british, mind you get afew more brits useing the shuttle :cry:

They have been talking about it most of the day on BBC TV and radio, and reporting how the drivers had exceeded the recommended driving hours. Er, those hours aren’t a recommendation. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: After hearing that numerous times today I decided to give it a miss as it will most likely be the BBC’s usual old crap.

it was not bad but,how the hell can you stop it ,if the
culprits who reside in other countrys just say we
pay the fines,and put another driver in the cab,
AS for mangel maybe it is not bad idea to bring in
24/7 areas. where they are fully manned and
can so check more vehicles, this will cost more
money so the goverment will no doubt say no way,
more use of the APNR could be carried out to
carry out better checks of NON-UK lorries,better
use of the computor system will improve the
catching quota,BUT this is not only here in the
UK,also in EUROPE the numbers of drivers,
firms and the lorries breaking the law and all
regulations is increaseing by leaps and bounds
AND why because MONEY RULES
and the PROFIT is what counts at all COUNTS

brit pete:
any chance of any one posting it here

for tose who can not get UK TV

Havent you got SKY Digital then Pete - Im sure they got coverage in Germany, or is it prefernce not to have it??

it was as i thought if you dont break the law in Ireland your sacked :cry:
thick paddy dont they employment rights in the EU

as usaul the buck stops at the bottom of the pile
the freight forwarder dosnt get the blame for bad planning and making promises drivers cant keep

Is’nt it another example of objective reporting by our free press [zb]'s. Only use the facts if it suits otherwise use half truths and inuendo and portray them as facts.

I am surprised if anyone here is surprised at the outcome of the program, surely it must reflect the bias and opinion of the program maker, are we relying on human nature to remain fair and balanced when your viewing figures and reputation/salary are on the line, I don’t think so.

no delboy98 as i do not have sky ; only cabel
and where i live we are not allowedto put a
sat dish out to get those programmes.

whatever it portrays us doesnt matter in my own opinion, what does matter is those families whove lost there loved ones , it opened my eyes for a change ,just looking at my little one thinking what id feel like if she didnt come home, you cant put it into words can you .
really made me think , is it worth driving that extra mile when your tired, speeding etc , and there is only one answer and thats no
dont want what happened to those famalies to happen to mine or anyone elses
so i.m.h.o if its made one driver a bit more responsible it was worth it.

Untill this so called E.U law is applied to all E.U member countries and these countries start enforcing these laws nothing is going to change much,ive worked and driven all over Europe for the past 20 years and every country has its own ideas of what the hours laws are .
Untill all countries follow the same so called E U driving hours laws i dont think much will change.
Vosa i dont think have the manpower to cope with the huge incress in forigin trucks,let alone to check forigin drivers driving u.k regesterd trucks for uk firms in the uk, how some of these guys ever make it to there destination amazes me !

Unfortunately I managed to miss this program because I forgot to record it. But in today’s edition of The Sun news paper there what looks to be a flow up article on pages 18 and 19. From my understanding of the article there are three main problems with foreign truckers on our roads.

First of all is that their vehicles are not inspected as often as ours.
The second problem is of drivers working excessive hours.
Third there is a problem of language and of not understanding road signs or that we drive on the opposite side of the road compared to the rest of Europe.

The way the government are planning to deal with this is by introducing on-the-spot fines next year as part of the Road Safety Bill.

It is my opinion that is one thing for the government to say yes lets fine the foreign drivers that break our laws but where is the man power going to come from to enforce this change. Will we suddenly see more police traffic officers or VOSA officers out there doing road side checks?

hitch:
it was as i thought if you dont break the law in Ireland your sacked :cry:
thick paddy dont they employment rights in the EU

Get a life Hitch. I hear the same words from English,Scottish and Welsh mouths all the time at truckstops and delivery points all over the country.Plenty of people in areas with drving jobs thin on the ground will tell you if they dont do it someone else will and they have a family to support so put up with it. I am not condoning it but feel your " thick paddy " jibe shows a lack of understaning of the real world.