Loud stacks

Evening, I was working in Liverpool last week on Balliol Rd, Bootle, opposite the park and there were plenty of trucks running up and down taking scrap etc to and from the docks. Every now and then there would be a truck going past (usually a Scania V8) with loud pipes. Eddie Wiliams transport was loud until a red Scania went past, I think it was Phil Parker/Parkinson and that sounded like a Chinnok going overhead. All sounds good to me.
J.Davidson has got some very nice paint jobs but no noise to suit.

Cheers Chris.

Parky does have a V8 Scanny (a T-Cab I think) that seems to spend a lot of its life in/around the docks in Liverpool and it makes one hell of a racket. Personally I would feel like a proper eejit driving something that noisy but each to their own…

Paul

Alright if your got a small ■■■■■ but i like to chill out when i drive and that would just ■■■■ me off.

Some Irish plated knacker of a 143 fitted with straight through side pipes came into the placed I tipped out at today. What a din, I think I got an extra ‘blip’ because he saw my V8 badge.

He must of been dissappointed with me as I crept almost silently past with my completly stock standard wagon twenty minutes later. I havn’t even got furry dice never mind the furry curtains and all the other crap ‘Scania’ drivers are supposed to have.

If any of you knew how much hassle legitimate MX and Enduro Clubs have about race noise…

W

AlexWignall:
If any of you knew how much hassle legitimate MX and Enduro Clubs have about race noise…

W

And stock car circuits

pete904ni:

AlexWignall:

W

And stock car circuits

and normal race circuits, Donington Park has a noise abatement order on it, only allowing it so many race meets/track days per year

Is it so unreasonable of me to think that if some Sales Executive is so sick of the Stress of modern city living including noisy oiks like me in my wagon…

The same yuppie ■■■■ will write to his local council to complain about noisy oiks like me racing our scramble bikes in earshot of his country bolthole?

Never mind, if the club has been there for thirty years.

W

eddie williams is on here under the username mr ed, top bloke he is, his wagons sounds sweet as does parkys bullnose, dag’s is another 1 that sounds nice aswell

V8=T***

To be honest, I couldn’t give a toss what noise somebody’s exhaust makes.

All I’ve ever dreamt of is something that doesn’t resemble the horn off a 1928 Austin 7 when I punch the centre of the steering wheel!! :cry:

mike68:
V8=T***

You’re welcome.

I love the look of the coffin dodging tourists in Burford high street when I come down there in low gear, Cat engine with Jake Brake…surprises them when they turn around to see it’s only a 6wheeler :laughing:

it was ian parkinsons t-cab. driven by stuart.
you never see him, as his curtains are so far across the side windows.
and, yes, it’s [zb]ing very noisy.

had the pleasure :open_mouth: of hearing before seeing stan robinsons blinged up foden alpha when i was tipping in bredbury yesterday thought billy smarts had come to town when i saw it , now im all for a bit of truck bling but if any of u have seen it , is it me or is it a bit ott? ps, is there many kangaroos around stafford :unamused:

not any-more

A v8 in a truck is like having a 1.8 16v engine in a car, fukcing ■■■■■ :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
V16 in a truck and I will be impressed :wink:

Saaamon:
Alright if your got a small ■■■■■ but i like to chill out when i drive and that would just ■■■■ me off.

I agree with this… ^^^^ Loud trucks are driven by drivers with delusions of adequacy!

There was a firm called S.T.Rimmer who used to haul grain from our yard who had a scania V8, it was a G reg 143 450 4x2 with one pipe up the back of the cab and that was loud. You could hear it pulling up the hill by the dairy which is a fair way away.
Are Rimmers still about ? I think they were from Lancashire.
Cheers Chris.

shuttlespanker:

pete904ni:

AlexWignall:

W

And stock car circuits

and normal race circuits, Donington Park has a noise abatement order on it, only allowing it so many race meets/track days per year

what makes me laugh is that east midlands airport is right next door! plus they leave their greasy fuel all over the track

joedwyer1:

shuttlespanker:

pete904ni:

AlexWignall:

W

And stock car circuits

what makes me laugh is that east midlands airport is right next door! plus they leave their greasy fuel all over the track

I think you could be fined for using that excuse if you crashed at my old club.

W