Stacks should be banned from msA truck parks,

Im presming that is what they are, the exhausts that make the truck sound american as i call it.

was woken up this morning at 4;00am by the truck next to me revving the ■■■■■■■ off it with the stacks blasting away, why? surely you dont need to rev like your on a drag strip at that time of morning even if it is to charge the batteries, o.k you’ve got stacks whoo who anybody that went to sleep wondering if that driver had stacks fitted got their answer.

fridges kicking in dont bother me but those exhausts do at that time of morning and felt grouchy all day afterwards.

laters
a very grump greg.

Some people have zero consideration for others, it’s the “i’m alright, screw you attitude.” These people are usually thick as ■■■■■■ bigoted, loud, racist and misoginistic as well. :smiley:

please read my sig :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

just out of curiosity, what make of truck was it?

i bet it was a SCANIA

I don’t think the problem is with stacks, but an inconsiderate [zb] who think everybody should hear how great his motor sound at 4am

muckles:
I don’t think the problem is with stacks, but an inconsiderate [zb] who think everybody should hear how great his motor sound at 4am

Usually splitting every gear when they pull away . . even if there empty :unamused:

Suedehead:

muckles:

Usually splitting every gear when they pull away . . even if there empty :unamused:

and don’t forget the mandatory throttle blip between gears too :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

oh dear ,i drive a scaany now :unamused: but its only basic,no stacks/frilly curtains etc and i do try to be as quiet as a church mouse :slight_smile: .its stuck under a car transporter body so cant be that good :laughing: :laughing:

Suedehead:

muckles:

Like this you mean youtube.com/watch?v=EzCk5w3qYlM

Get real- where’s the fun in creeping quietly out of a packed truck park @ 03.30 ?

There was a V8 scanny in the Stockyard a fortnight ago with the side pipes, and he left the same time as me, 4.30, and he didn’t go above tickover til we got on the road. Fair play to you fella, a bit of consideration

Stacks are standard here. They aren’t too bad unless they are the 10" straight pipes. Those crack your windscreen, especially if they let the Jake cut in. Everyone idles here though. The pipes aren’t as bad as the squeaky fanbelts when the cooling fan cuts in and out every 30 seconds…

You sure it wasnt the local pimp trying to make a fast get-away from the police, while driving this :laughing: :laughing:

BigJon:
You sure it wasnt the local pimp trying to make a fast get-away from the police, while driving this :laughing: :laughing:

That’s retarded, a single cab truck can look pretty good with a lift kit, but not an extended cab & deffo not a mega cab, stacks on the other hand, they’re just wrong on anything other than a big truck :unamused:

newmercman:

BigJon:

That’s retarded, a single cab truck can look pretty good with a lift kit, but not an extended cab & deffo not a mega cab, stacks on the other hand, they’re just wrong on anything other than a big truck :unamused:

People round here with those are normally in-bred, and need the crew cab to fit their kids/whippets in while they A=Pinch diesel B=Drive around pretending they’re from the Council and have some tarmac leftover…

DaiDap:
There was a V8 scanny in the Stockyard a fortnight ago with the side pipes, and he left the same time as me, 4.30, and he didn’t go above tickover til we got on the road. Fair play to you fella, a bit of consideration

then when he got to the m18 he woke half of doncaster up!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

All the noise - all the horsepower 380/420/520/600/700 or whatever it is and it can still only do 56mph - remind them of that!

They are a menace and generally speaking commonly called [zb].

shuttlespanker:
please read my sig :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

just out of curiosity, what make of truck was it?

scania. and your signature, spot on lollol

bobthedog:
Stacks are standard here. They aren’t too bad unless they are the 10" straight pipes. Those crack your windscreen, especially if they let the Jake cut in. Everyone idles here though. The pipes aren’t as bad as the squeaky fanbelts when the cooling fan cuts in and out every 30 seconds…

in america though you guys have proberbly grown accustom to the noise and it doesnt bother you while sleeping, whats a jake?

DaiDap:

may be that guy should get some pointers of that other guy you mentioned, as i swear if we ever end up in the same msa again and he does that again he’ll have scania imprinted on his forehead backwards to remind of the day he fell out with a sleeping DAF driver.

groovy greg:
whats a jake?

Short name for Jacobs brake. It’s a compression release engine brake. When activated, it opens exhaust valves in the cylinders, releasing the compressed air trapped in the cylinders, and slows you down.

Rob K:
Short name for Jacobs brake. It’s a compression release engine brake. When activated, it opens exhaust valves in the cylinders, releasing the compressed air trapped in the cylinders, and slows you down.

Also handy for when you are doing town centre store deliveries, and you have to squeeze past lots of parked cars. As the vibration generated tends to set off lots of car alarms as you go past. :smiling_imp:
Not a good idea though if forget its switched on & lift your foot off the throttle, while your heading in an FM through certain residencial areas of Norwich which have weight limits in force at night & you trigger half the car alarms on the street :laughing: