Stacks should be banned from msA truck parks,

dazaster:

DaiDap:
There was a V8 scanny in the Stockyard a fortnight ago with the side pipes, and he left the same time as me, 4.30, and he didn’t go above tickover til we got on the road. Fair play to you fella, a bit of consideration

then when he got to the m18 he woke half of doncaster up!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Heheh :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I wouldn’t know. Once we got on the M18 i dropped him :sunglasses:

Rob K:

groovy greg:
whats a jake?

Short name for Jacobs brake. It’s a compression release engine brake. When activated, it opens exhaust valves in the cylinders, releasing the compressed air trapped in the cylinders, and slows you down.

And sound very much like this youtube.com/watch?v=z3bLqjPBlx8

I remember when my dad lived in Pennsylvania, you could hear the coal trucks coming down the mountain on the Lincoln highway from miles away.

Queing for the ingates at felixstowe docks a few weeks ago,the divvy boy in the next lane had a v8 scania with straight thru side exhausts.Every time he moved up a space he was slipping in a gear change and a throttle blip in a move of about 65ft.Those of us with a more mature out look at life were weeeeing ourselves.

Does doing the throttle blip and change of gear make up for having a little fella or something??
When i was an apprentice mechanic at Scania,some of the mechanics used to rev and blip the throttle when reversing,i used to ask them if they knew there was a problem with the accelerator,just couldnt understand why they did it,now i know lol!!!

Might not be a case of the listen to this syndrome. Weve got a couple of drivers who as soon as they jump in the truck its foot to the floor and rev the knads of it cause they`ve cannot spare a few minutes.

It may be small man syndrome, i don’t know, but you gotta say it’s a beautiful noise. Ok maybe not at 4.30am and you’re next door, but still.

Whenever i pass one the radio goes off and the window goes down and i think bloody hell that sounds nice.