Noise cameras

Anybody else seen this article
Noise cameras coming to Bradford.
www.google.com

Yet another way to make money as there obv not making enough with the clean air zone.

Altough it does say in Bradford for 2 weeks then being moved to other parts of the country .
with a view to making them permanent as apparently noise generated from loud cars costs the economy £10 billion a year.
What the article says.

Brilliant. These mongs with these exhausts that sound like machine guns should have their cars crushed, sick of hearing them. i had one bang right next to me on the motorway last week and it proper made me jump, not a great idea on a motorway.

What a load of rubbish , crack down on boy racers , my mrs is 60 & her fiesta st has a mongoose exhaust on it which is fairly noisy , her mates previous car was a focus rs , now got a mustang v8 which has a borla exhaust which rattles our windows on start up & when reved ( sounds awesome )
They both enjoy cars , the noise the cars make is part of the experience , it’s just part of modifying , making it individual . Plenty of middle aged , older people enjoy cars ,modifying them not just young kids
Be interesting if they stop my mrs as it passes it’s mot every year with no mention of noise

Terry T:
Brilliant. These mongs with these exhausts that sound like machine guns should have their cars crushed, sick of hearing them. i had one bang right next to me on the motorway last week and it proper made me jump, not a great idea on a motorway.

Ageee with you mate. I actually like the sound of a nice exhaust, offensive ones don’t belong on the road though imo. Race exhausts belong on a racetrack. All that popping and banging just makes you look a fool.
I live on a main road and it is very annoying, especially in summer if you’re sat out.

I prefer something quick but quiet. Upsets a few idiots that think noise is best.

Not long now till they charge you for breathing…

md1987:

Terry T:

Ageee with you mate. I actually like the sound of a nice exhaust, offensive ones don’t belong on the road though imo. Race exhausts belong on a racetrack. All that popping and banging just makes you look a fool.
I live on a main road and it is very annoying, especially in summer if you’re sat out.

What about those posers in their ‘‘look at me’’ V8 Scanias…will they now be nicked also?

One parked next to me a couple of months ago in Cullompton services, came roaring in the park, kept dipping the throttle as he reversed up at speed,.then an extra big rev for luck before he knocked the engine off :unamused: .
He jumps out, a young lad in his 20s
I put window down and said…‘‘You need that bust exhaust welded up mate, it’s a bit noisy’’
He just gave me a look and a polite smile…don’t think he saw funny side of it tbh, certainly didn’t see he’d made a ■■■■ of himself anyhow. :smiley:

I’m all in favour of these things, as would anyone be who has done a lot of night shift or other unsociable hours work where you’re trying to get your head down while some numb-nuts is bombing around making enough noise to wake the dead.

robroy:

md1987:

Terry T:

What about those posers in their ‘‘look at me’’ V8 Scanias…will they now be nicked also?

One parked next to me a couple of months ago in Cullompton services, came roaring in the park, kept dipping the throttle as he reversed up at speed,.then an extra big rev for luck before he knocked the engine off :unamused: .
He jumps out, a young lad in his 20s
I put window down and said…‘‘You need that bust exhaust welded up mate, it’s a bit noisy’’
He just gave me a look and a polite smile…don’t think he saw funny side of it tbh, certainly didn’t see he’d made a [zb] of himself anyhow. :smiley:

Fair point. If its one of those polished turds that sounds like a jackhammer on heat then yeah fair cop.

" costs the economy £10 billion a year." how?

Live on a main road, just had a police car fly past, its siren blaring.

Macski:
" costs the economy £10 billion a year." how?

Live on a main road, just had a police car fly past, its siren blaring.

I took no notice of that crap £10 billion a year. I just think they’re a decent thing in areas that are plagued with these bellends. Can’t see then ever being installed on the M6 lol.

Hopefully it’ll see an end to straight piped V8 Scanias.

Terry T:

It woke you up though, which is a good thing on a motorway :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

So what about us guys that have rally cars then?

Ken.

Quinny:

Ken.

Nothing at all wrong with rally cars, on rally tracks.
Keep them out of residential areas at 2 in the morning, and no worries at all.

I find a couple of tins of expanding foam placed into a straight piped Scania V8 usually cures the problem - especially if put in when the pipes are hot and given 9-11 hours to dry out .

Franglais:

Quinny:

Ken.

We run to very strict rules which involve the public highway between tests/stages, and our routes are authorised by both the police, and a route liaison officer from MSUK, who oversee motorsport in the UK on behalf of the secretary of state for transport, so maybe a bit of an own goal here then.

Ken.

Quinny:

Franglais:

Quinny:

Ken.

We run to very strict rules which involve the public highway between tests/stages, and our routes are authorised by both the police, and a route liaison officer from MSUK, who oversee motorsport in the UK on behalf of the secretary of state for transport, so maybe a bit of an own goal here then.

Ken.

By “rally tracks”, I expect he meant rally courses, or whatever you call them.
But then you knew that anyway :smiling_imp:

Yet to see a genuine rally car bombing it around residential areas.

Zac_A:
I’m all in favour of these things, as would anyone be who has done a lot of night shift or other unsociable hours work where you’re trying to get your head down while some numb-nuts is bombing around making enough noise to wake the dead.

+1
MK story
and this one
It’s usually every weekend, and has been for months. Now that the crappier weather is here things may ease off a bit.