Trucks with loud pipes

As the title suggests! Found on YouTube:

youtube.com/watch?v=OXC82vP_ … ata_player

Drove an MAN with a loud exhaust on once and it was awful would finish the day with ringing ears!

I love to here those V8 scania’s, but not at 2 in morning, when you’re parked up trying to get some sleep… :smiley:

Used to drive an old v8 merc with straight through twin stacks used to give me a headache after a couple of hours.

perkibre:
I love to here those V8 scania’s, but not at 2 in morning, when you’re parked up trying to get some sleep… :smiley:

same here.
you must have had a night out in the topaz truck park dublin :open_mouth:

I passed a V8 scania with side pipes the other day in the car. It sounded great, but was so loud and thought to myself “I wonder how annoying that is after 10 hours on the road?”

I’ll admit that it was the noise of a V8 Scania turning round in Willesden Freight Terminal London, that made me change my mind about going for my Class 1 licence all those years ago. Having just done Class 2 I was fed up with it, and wasn’t going to. Until I decided artic units both look and sound cool.

However, if I see them out on the road now, they just irritate me. Like a classic truck it would probably be fun for about half an hour, then get annoying.

I’m probably just getting old. I used to put loud exhausts on all my motorbikes, but I wouldn’t dream of it now, because I know how irritating it is listening to it, as a neighbour.

yeah, good point. bit of a boy racer thing for cars and bikes. suppose it’s good on a show truck, but as a daily driver it must get really tiresome!

facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A … =_AQG507g1

If had that with me for work I wouldn’t need a Radio!

My old boss Bought me a Brand-new Scania 164 480 wagon & drag a few year’s ago that came with side-pipes that stopped just before the drive axle…( :open_mouth: ).

It had an exhaust note ‘to die for’, but after a couple of week’s I asked the boss If he could fit a system on the exhaust to make It quieter…
Thankfully he agreed… :smiley: :smiley:

Believe me, when i fit these, they will be loud !!! :laughing:

Nice but a bit tame. I prefer to see some smoke and chrome to go with the noise.

youtube.com/watch?v=FxvUW4rZ … ure=fvwrel

youtube.com/watch?v=kJp_-6v5 … =endscreen