Looks like the Americans are a tad upset about fuel prices

While doin a spot of surfing the web I found this website

truckerstrike.com/

seems even the american truckers are getting fed up with rising fuel sosts and low rates

i suspect their fuel is a lot cheaper than ere .so they should try the uk price?

will be the same result as over here.

Found this
gasbuddy.com/
Looked at Texas(nice big oil state)
cheapest i found $2.75 now im guesing thats for a gallon!
so last i remeber it was basicly $2 to the £1 ,
so wots thats £1.40 a GALLON!
now i might have my sums wrong so double check !

It’s all right for us to laugh, but do bear in mind that those guys do put in a helluva lot more mileage per consignment than most of us do.

They’re working on US gallons Fallmonk, which equate to 0.83 UK gallons or 3.785 litres for the younger guys. :wink:

If my maths is correct that’s about £1.70 per British gallon; bit over a third what we pay. I don’t think I’m far out because I was in Canada in September, over there petrol was same per dollar (about 0.95) as it was in pounds over here, and Canadian dollar was 2 to a pound.

OK it’s still cheap to us but don’t forget we’re getting screwed big time for tax; are you aware that we even pay VAT on the Fuel Duty, ie we’re taxed on a tax?

An article in today’s Daily Telegraph suggests that a lot of the high price is due to speculative buying. I seriously pray that those who make their fortunes in this way end up losing them just as quickly; that would be fair justice.