Fuel Prices

I’ve just been looking at American fuel prices…
They are probably the biggest fuel users in the world.

(taking into account that the US gallon is different to our gallon)
Their diesel works out at approx 53 to 54 pence per litre inc tax…

world oil prices are in Us dollars per barrel.
SO — WHY, OH WHY, are we being ripped off so much. ■■?/

Because this is Britain and we are the most taxed country in Europe, have the worst roads and now they want to bring in toll roads as well. Fuel keeps rising as does the electric, gas , water, food, train fares etc. and wages go down :unamused:

Internal combustion engine = cash cow for politicians. I believe that some of our masters work in the petrochemical industry ‘allegedly’! :wink:

It’s the taxes (Fuel duty and VAT) that make our pump prices so high. If MPs really did have significant “vested interests” in the fuel companies, surely they would be keeping the taxes low so as to encourage us to buy more of the stuff and so increase their companies’ profits?

So, we pay 3 times more for the same product than the Americans who use the go juice (a dwindling resource) with wild abandon, cheers.

You don’t tend to buy more or less fuel depending how much it costs, you buy what you need to do what you need to do. I don’t have much faith in politicians to start with, so when you hear the former energy secretary, jailed for points offences, gets out & gets a job with, surprise surprise, an energy company, it’s not hard to see where their vested interest really is. But it’s ok because he says he had nothing to do with them when in office, just like he said he didn’t get his wife to take points for him.
It all has a knock on effect for us. We have to drive at 50mph max now, even on motorways & on the cruise as much as possible. You will be asked why you went over speed if you do it for too long. Funny because they do ask why it’s taken longer to get to the destination.

Slackbladder:
You don’t tend to buy more or less fuel depending how much it costs, you buy what you need to do what you need to do.

Of course you do! That’s why so many employers demand fuel efficiency at the expense of the job taking longer. With fuel costing over 30 quid an hour (excluding VAT) on Motorway running it is the single biggest expense.

That’s true, but my point is that you can only put so much in the tank regardless of the cost. You cannot get more in because it’s cheaper can you? Even if your company has tanks they will only get filled at the same rate as usual, you cannot take more as you have nowhere to put it surely.

Sorry - would have thought that much was pretty obvious. My point was in response to the suggestion that politicians might have pushed UK prices upwards so as to benefit their mates at the oil companies - which (I would contend) is not the case as the thing that makes our fuel more expensive than pretty much the rest of the world is the amount of tax/duty we pay, which does not go to the oil companies, and the main effect of increasing tax/duty is to encourage us to use less of the stuff, which works against the interests of the oil companies.

Bear in mind too though a lot of American roads are tolled so they gain revenue from that too.

nickyboy:
Bear in mind too though a lot of American roads are tolled so they gain revenue from that too.

No they’re not!!!

Only around 10% of interstates are tolled.

Saddam Husein wanted to price his oil in Euros look what happened to him,Gaddafi wanted to start a “Euro zone” in Africa selling oil in “African gold Dinar” look what happened to him,OPEC wanted to sell oil in “oil bonds” TheYanks told the Saudi “royal family” they could not “gaurantee” their continued control in Saudi Arabia if they accepted the plan.As the Saudis had the biggest say in OPEC the plan was dropped.

All oil revenues carried out in “Dollars per barrel” has to be prosessed through the “Federal Reserve” A privatised American bank that every body thinks is part of the US federal government .Wrong.
And guess what Iran wants to price its oil in Euros.The Yanks aint going to let that happen are they.And why does the UK sell itself its own oil priced in dollars per barrel

In th UK we sit back and allow our selfs to be taxed into poverty, it’s ok though cus the there is millions to send to other poor countries!

Trukkertone:

Mainly because the 2000 blockade didn’t go on long enough!! This industry won’t improve with out direct action, but it will never happen, so we have to grin and bear it!!

newmercman

Have PM’d you

weeto:

Trukkertone:

Mainly because the 2000 blockade didn’t go on long enough!! This industry won’t improve with out direct action, but it will never happen, so we have to grin and bear it!!

VOSA made sure of the above blockade and have said any more blockade’s will result in action against the O-Licence

trubster:
VOSA made sure of the above blockade and have said any more blockade’s will result in action against the O-Licence

Really? Don’t disbelieve you but surely VOSA have no remit to get involved in what is in essence a civil dispute? They’ll be policing Afghanistan next!

the maoster:

trubster:

Really? Don’t disbelieve you but surely VOSA have no remit to get involved in what is in essence a civil dispute? They’ll be policing Afghanistan next!

I wish they would, using the Matrix system would stop the Taliban firing insecure missiles all over the place,

trubster:

weeto:

Trukkertone:

There wouldn’t be any need to blockade anything!

trubster:

weeto:

Trukkertone:

idle threats! :laughing: look what can be ACHIEVED as per French and Spanish truck drivers STICKING AND FIGHTING TOGETHER! :laughing: too many YELLOWBELLIES HERE! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: