Looking for a old T S Thomas(Lydney) driver

Dont know if anyone can help me out there but I’m looking for a driver with whom I worked with on T S thomas when they ran the fridges. His name is Steve Burnet and the last I knew of him was in the late 90’s when I was weekended in Victors(happy Memories) and he was working for a outfit from the Portmouth area running JCB’s down to Spain, Portugal. I think he had a MAN Roadhaus at the time. Apart from looking for him I’d like to say what a good time I had working for them. Good firm, good drivers and as I was a newbie to continental they looked after me from showing the ropes to where to eat and drink(Plenty of). Met lots of good people for who it wasnt to much trouble to show me the way. Merv the Swerve along with a couple of Frampton drivers took me from St Malo to Irun after looking nervous at Portsmouth docks on a Friday evening. Talk about open my eyes. Tabby off Birds who helped me drink Fred dry one night only to return the next day when I couldnt get a reload to find him turn up and off to the bar again :smiley: Them days are gone as Im sat at my desk writing this well running a night shift for a major Supermarket but missing it and think it will never go away. :cry: If anyone wants to post on this then I’m always happy to go on as its in the blood from starting with the Family company (B H Cecils & Sons) through to now.

That’s a blast from the past T. S. Thomas from Lydney, are they still going ? and is the quarry side of it still open ?

It is a blast from the past, Had some happy years working for them. The quarry was sold and is now a diving centre and the fridge side which ended up being called Eurocold in Patchway ceased trading in about 2001. We had some nice trucks even if my first truck was a Foden and got some strange looks on the M/ways of europe :smiley: Thanks for your reply as it was my first posting and woke up early today to see if I had a reply. :blush:

Well that’s sad there all gone, did a few loads out of there quarry when I was on tippers. I can remember seeing the fridges about always looked good, I’m sure there are plenty on here who will remember them.

P435 UAX, Driven by Dave Armstrong and then Little Matty(Figure of Speech as he is a man mountain) looking like its up for sale, I drove P434 UAX from new and it really was the dogs danglys :smiley: