Anyone remember a company from 23 years ago called

THOMASONS I THINK IT WAS CALLED, I USED TO WORK FOR A COMPANY CALLED LANCASHIRE MEAT PACKERS ON MANCHESTER ABORTOIR THE NAME WAS ALL THE WAY DOWN THE TRL LARGE WRITING AND I THINK THEY WAS BLUE
AND THEY USED TO COME IN THERE WITH MEAT ON
AND I USED TO ASK THE DRIVER COULD I HAVE AGO AT DRIVING IT, AND THATS HOW I BECAME A CLASS ONE DRIVER, I USED TO REVERSE IT AND DRIVE ROUND THE BULL RING
THE DAYS BEFORE HEALTH AND SAFETY

they were from northwich i seem to recall, there’s an article on here somewhere about them packing up i’m sure?

I remember Thomasons think they were from the Northwich/Crewe area and ran MAN’s and Saviem’s IIRC they did UK and Euro reefer work. I’ve got a feeling they are still going but maybe only doing warehousing but not really sure about that.
Regards
Dave Penn;

davepenn54:
I remember Thomasons think they were from the Northwich/Crewe area and ran MAN’s and Saviem’s IIRC they did UK and Euro reefer work. I’ve got a feeling they are still going but maybe only doing warehousing but not really sure about that.
Regards
Dave Penn;

Were they light blue and red, seems to ring a bell

Similar colour scheme to Pentons I think.

i really would like to get a pic of one from 20 years ago, hope someone could help me with this

Sorry ‘humantruck’ I can’t help with pics but got to agree with ‘wheelnut’ and ‘bestbooties’ about the livery. I’m sure the trailers were bluestripe at the bottom white stripe through the middle and the same colour blue stripe at the top and over the roof of the trailer. THOMASONS was then signwritten in big red capital letters from front to back of trailer. I’m sure that there is a photo somewhere on the photos forum but haven’t found it just yet :wink:
Regards
Dave Penn;

If its the same Thompsons they used to do all the Kellogs to Spain.

is this the firm you mean

kerbut:
If its the same Thompsons they used to do all the Kellogs to Spain.

the thompsons that did the kellogs to spain was from warrington i think

blimy i drove that or sim when i was 17, think it was higher unit and the gears was on the colum , but im sure thats it