One for TK dave

spotted this at strensham services yesterday, having a bit of trouble. not seen many of this in unit form. i do remember a old bloke (70’s) driving one in the early 80’s with a box trailer usually on the M62. dad said he was well known because of his age and still driving, (this from a man who was still tramping until he had a stroke aged 71!). anyone remember the man in question?

Think Pearson’s that were in Bristol 70’s - late 80’s had one driven by Brian he used to pull out of DRG Fishponds running stock (card) down to a warehouse off the Bath road.
Blue and white unit pulling a flatbed.

There was a bloke near me who ran a Bedford artic until his death.

Stan Cook worked for Johnsons of Scunthorpe and Goole and ran a KM in their colours. He has probably been dead now about 20 years

I remember Brian at Pearson’s. He had a very regular number shunting around DRG for Pearson’s & was a lovely, quiet & unassuming bloke. By coincidence I have just posted a topic asking for any info on Pearson’s of Bristol. Can anyone help?

When I was at Norseman Freight we had one on for Van Den Burg’s at Bromborough, Dave Rankin was the driver, he had the triangle of flags in the windscreen

When I was at Norseman Freight we had one on for Van Den Burg’s at Bromborough, Dave Rankin was the driver, he had the triangle of flags in the windscreenstringy

didnt know you worked at norsemans mate. any pictues of their trucks per chance?.. :smiley: . you remember peter greenwood?, if i remember he drove a mercedes 4 wheeler. also arthur who done european work?. was only a kid when norsemans where going but dad knew a few of the drivers there, pete and arthur lived local to us back then…

I was at Norseman until 83 and I remember Arthur Knowles well, he’s a transport manager at Shotton Steel now, when Dow Freight went down a few of their drivers came to work for us and our continental drivers moved to a site behind the (old) Pops at Lymm for a while, Arthur was shop steward then, he’d been with Norseman since they first started out as North West Steel Services opposite Cammel Lairds and I think he stayed until Hammond took them over.

I have a few ex Norseman drivers with me now, Brian Keegan, Barrie & Paul Dennett, Les Jones, Ray Duffin.

where you at now stringy?. you may have bumped into my dad over time. his name is ernie williams. he was on the dark side (tankers). worked for Philmac, A S jones, Brian jellicoe and 20 odd years at Castrol. dad done some agency work for shotton steel when he retired. he said arthur was there as TM. nice to hear from a ex norseman driver on here… :slight_smile:

I’m with DHL Containers previously Securicor Omega before that Dual Carriage, James Irlam, Ionian.

ahh, they still up in upton?.

No, we moved back to Seaforth 2 years ago, on Hornby Dock now with our new neighbours JMD

Crosby doors used to run Tk/Km units, think they were Ryder contract motors.

I was talking to Arthur Knowles today in Cosco Liverpool, he’s now with Abbey Road Tanks (Charles Lucy)

is he in the office or on the road stringy?

Ex Norseman myself, remember Big Arthur well but not seen him for a while. A load of us still get together every now and again for a drink; a few died and a few lookin a bit shakey on their pins but loads of diesel fumes and tall stories.
Colin Earnden still going strong I think and Jimmy Ralphs, Still see Brian Campbell often and had a pint with him last night.
Not sure about Dave Rankin but I heard his lad Stewie Rankin (ex grease monkey at Shore Rd) went down for a long time after some illicit substances were found in his trailer at Dover.
Not seen Peter Greenwood for years but have a lasting image in my head of him reversing a trailer onto the bay at Vandies with his comb-over streaming down the side of hs cab in the wind.

Pete Griff:
Ex Norseman myself, remember Big Arthur well but not seen him for a while. A load of us still get together every now and again for a drink; a few died and a few lookin a bit shakey on their pins but loads of diesel fumes and tall stories.
Colin Earnden still going strong I think and Jimmy Ralphs, Still see Brian Campbell often and had a pint with him last night.
Not sure about Dave Rankin but I heard his lad Stewie Rankin (ex grease monkey at Shore Rd) went down for a long time after some illicit substances were found in his trailer at Dover.
Not seen Peter Greenwood for years but have a lasting image in my head of him reversing a trailer onto the bay at Vandies with his comb-over streaming down the side of hs cab in the wind.

Big Arthur still driving now with abbey road tanks

stringy:
I was at Norseman until 83 and I remember Arthur Knowles well, he’s a transport manager at Shotton Steel now, when Dow Freight went down a few of their drivers came to work for us and our continental drivers moved to a site behind the (old) Pops at Lymm for a while, Arthur was shop steward then, he’d been with Norseman since they first started out as North West Steel Services opposite Cammel Lairds and I think he stayed until Hammond took them over.

I have a few ex Norseman drivers with me now, Brian Keegan, Barrie & Paul Dennett, Les Jones, Ray Duffin.

i started at nwss and my name is big arthur many years and many loads and many countries

Paul Dennett passed away in March, throat cancer, RIP Paul

sorry to hear about paul rip mate,
arthur you the chap who work on the euro side for norseman then mate?

Do any of you old Norseman lads remember Frank R.I.P. or where this photo was taken :slight_smile: .

Regards Steve.