Londonderry

Had a Collection at Barnards castle on Friday.so had 7 hrs driving time left thursday luchtime so headed from Southampton about 2 ish,I consulted my (truck drivers guide to cafes and truckstops and thought i would stop at Londonderry,never stopped there before .got there just after 8 filling in the tacho etc when a low flying aircraft made me nearly ■■■■ my pants.My Super truckstop book failed to mention it was next to a military airfield,and it also failed to mention that the staff in tha caff need a few lessons in charm school.
caff does’nt seem to have been decorated since the 70s (when trucking was apparently great and i would’ve earnt twice the money i earn today)
Anyway not a bad night when the air manouvres finished around 10.

*** would go there again,get in early ,cause with no lines in the lorry park lots of people thinks they have a wide load on and park with 3 metres between each wagon,could probably get another 15 wagons in otherwise.(same at the Stockyard) :unamused: :unamused:

£3.50 to park :wink:

I don’t mind Londonderry truckstop, food is quite good with decent choice plus they have a bar :slight_smile: . The circuits and bumps that the aircraft do are quite entertaining, if you go to the gate at the end of the lane you get a better view of them. There is a second lorry park there which is about 3 times the size of the 1 you parked on which I presume was right next to the cafe.

penfold:
There is a second lorry park there which is about 3 times the size of the 1 you parked on which I presume was right next to the cafe.

I parked in the big one next door to the fuel,but like i say a lot of drivers just dont give a ■■■■ and park extremely badly,and cause i got there just after 8 i drove round for 15 minutes looking for a decent place to park ,dont get me wrong it was not a bad stop,would go there again,would’nt have been great though if I wanted to get to get my head down early :laughing: