Londonderry Lorry Park, N Yorkshire, A1

Does anybody use this place and if so whats it like ? I 've never come off the A1 to have a look but it is sign posted. Is it just parking or is there a cafe aswell ?
While I’m on the subject of the A1 in N Yorks, is it being widened ? All the buildings on the Southbound are smashed up and derelict inc the other lorry park cafe .

There is parking there but not secure and not much of it the cafe is old fashioned but the food is decent dont know about showers tho

That Cafe has been there years, was fairly decent food in there last time I was there about 10 years ago, dont think the truck park was massive, but fuel bunkering was there, only downside was the RAF base, and the fighters taking off and landing during the day, nice if you a bit of a plane buff…

You can park at Wetherby which is not far away and is far more modern.

Parking was £3.50 last time I stopped there a couple of years ago. Food is yer average UK truck stop average, ie cheap and cheerful. Bar serving Tetley’s with telly, but light years away from anything you would get on the continent

the lorry park entrance is very steep and the exit even worse.on tuesday night i had to dump mine in the coach park bay cos i couldnt get down.everything shuts early,apart from mcdonalds.not impressed to be honest. :frowning:
sorry i meant leeming bar.
londonderry is a an absolute hovel man.

It’s a typical dirty dump UK truckstop and survives purely due to lack of competition and drivers left with no other option. Use it if your desperate but avoid it if you can. I’ll use it for diesel but would find a village pub if wanting to park up.

costs a fiver to park in londonderry now, was in the cafe bowt a month ago n the grub was ok n wasnt bad priced either, havent used the shower in there but am told it 50p in a meter type thingy to get the water running :unamused: :unamused:

It is the North East answer to Ross on Wye. 1950’ decor, burgers and everything swimming in beef dripping.

scottishcruiser:
You can park at Wetherby which is not far away and is far more modern.

Is this a truck stop at Wetherby or the new MSA ? If its a ‘Proper’ truck stop, where is it ?

Londonderry is a good ol’ fashioned British lorry park which means it’s a ■■■■■■■■ greasy spoon cafe with limited facilities!

Wetherby is a new MSA unless you mean the lorry park in the town!

zebadee:
Londonderry is a good ol’ fashioned British lorry park which means it’s a [zb] greasy spoon cafe with limited facilities!

Wetherby is a new MSA unless you mean the lorry park in the town!

I think the lorry park in town had to close because of the new M&S or did I mean MSA

Wheel Nut:
1950’ decor, burgers and everything swimming in beef dripping.

perfect - it’ll do for me then :grimacing:

jj72:

Wheel Nut:
1950’ decor, burgers and everything swimming in beef dripping.

perfect - it’ll do for me then :grimacing:

It is so damp the rats wear aqualungs :smiley:

A lad i know had £10,000 worth of freight robbed of his wagon at londonderry about christmas time
old bill told him lay low has they werent far away and they might catch the ■■■■■■■■ they loaded up their transit van and ■■■■■■ of the old bill arrived about two hours later (PC Ventris i Think)